QAD Exodus

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

QAD Exodus

Post by CT.HNTR »

The QAD Exodus broad heads look very interesting and I am contemplating doing some testing with them. I am curious how they fly and how effective they are. If anybody has been using them I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on how they fly and how effective they are on medium and large game. Is your preference the swept back or standard design?

• Do they have field point accuracy (swept back design or standard design)?
• How is the penetration?
• Do they hold up when they hit bone?
• Are they sharp and do they produce good blood trails?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Carnivorous

Re: QAD Exodus

Post by Carnivorous »

The QAD Exodus are great!!

Both swept and full fly exactly the same. The swept will destroy your target when you extract them.. Lol

I have been using them for a few years now. This are extremely tough.

Accuracy is excellent and I use them when zeroing in for hunting.

Not exactly the same as my field points. But very close and I always sight in with what I hunt with to be 100% sure I'm hitting where I'm aiming.

I recommend the 125gr crossbow version. The 100gr have a smaller collar and don't fit the shift as well as the 125's.

They will be on my arrows this week for Bear..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

They are a great broadhead ....Good luck with the Bruins Jeff !
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I'm with the others the QAD Exodus is a great strong broadhead and it flies very good. I shot a doe at 7 yards under my tree in the spine and it went through the spine and lodged in the shoulder blade, when I dug the broadhead out it didn't even bend or break a blade. I tested them against the Grizztrick 2's for penetration and they out penetrated the Grizztricks every time. I only shot the swept back heads I didn't try the regular heads.

Good luck
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
grouse

Post by grouse »

They look like a three bladed slick trick to me. That might explain their penetration advantage (three blades would offer less total resistance than four). I haven't had any penetration issues with slick tricks with either my Axiom or my 350 SE. In my mind, the north, south, east, west coverage of a four bladed broadhead is an advantage for hunting, though I doubt it will ever make a real difference. Just make a good hit and go find your deer!
axiom
350 SE