For you Canadians

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Patcon

For you Canadians

Post by Patcon »

I thought I would post this in the other topics, but that forum gets a lot less traffic. Just a heads up. If you want to push back you need to get organized and do it soon.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-29/trudeau-government-study-total-handgun-and-assault-weapons-ban
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
paulaboutform

Re: For you Canadians

Post by paulaboutform »

I appreciate the intel.. I'm already aware. Unfortunately, most people will look at this and say it will never happen here. :eusa-naughty: Nobody wants to take our guns. :eusa-liar: I DISAGREE!!! Yes, I do believe there is an agenda and that there is more at stake than losing our guns. :eusa-think: That's simply the first step....and when our globalist/leftist government takes away our handguns and semiautomatic firearms don't be fooled into thinking it will end there. Next will be pump action firearms, bolt action.......etc.. It won't stop until we are completely disarmed. :eusa-deadhorse: My question is this, why would any government or political group want to disarm its legal, law abiding citizens? :eusa-naughty:
This is very bad and our very freedom is coming under attack.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Sad situation!! Google Australia disarming aftermath. Violent crime went out of control!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Pierre's Idiot Child & his merry band of Incompetents have bought heart & soul into the UN's vision of future nations.
To that end, firearm ownership by citizens is simply not in the picture.
Along with a whole trash bin (or twenty of them) full of Leftist Bullshit Ideals.

In this matter they are and will be facing massive resistance.
A complete ban? How? Lots of calls to ban with ZERO plan...
Grandfathering would take at least 60 years and cause a landslide of get them before they're gone sales.
A buyback program would cost billions and lets face it this government can't get a payroll system working, let alone something complicated and that would take years to implement.
Turn them in with no compensation? Years of legal challenges tying up courts and cost more billions. I'd be among them.

You can likely expect this to be a hot election issue however.
Takes a lot of focus away from all the other buffoon mistakes he is making.
Takes focus off of how badly he has mismanaged NAFTA.
Takes focus off of his own little "I wouldn't have sexually assaulted you IF I had know you were someone of importance" issue.
Takes the focus off "the vets are asking for too much" while he pours billions into any looney offshore concept that comes knocking with open hands.
Takes the focus off the most disastrous economic mismanagement by any Canadian federal party.
Takes focus off the illegal immigrant fiasco.
Takes the focus off the India disaster.
And SO MUCH MORE...

The study has already written its conclusion in the opening sentence generating it.
It will come out, lots of media pumping by CBC, winding up all those middle or left voters that were starting to get sick and tired of his dress up antics. AND........BOOM......election called.

People will be faced with a choice not of Trudeau or Other Parties......but of A Ban on Handguns for Safety Sake (trot out the lip-sticked pig of a study as evidence) OR not.

And right there Pierre's Idiot Child may actually sway enough votes to cling to power.
Heaven help us if he does!
Firearm bans will become among the least of Canadian Citizen worries if that proves to be the case.
And I will most likely implement my right as a Dual Citizen to wander back to the US...

Sad Times
... Anything but "sunny"... :wtf:
Nog
Last edited by IronNoggin on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

CCFR Official Response:

CCFR official statement on C-71, Blair mandate letter

-Ottawa, August 28, 2018

The Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights is the voice of Canadian gun owners across the nation, in the media, in Ottawa and in the general public. The CCFR supports measures with a demonstrable, positive effect on public safety.
In a mandate letter from the Prime Minister’s Office today, newly appointed Minister of Border Security & Organized Crime, Bill Blair, was tasked with the following mandate on the firearms file:

“Support the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness on the passage of Bill C-71, and work together on additional policy, regulations or legislation that could reduce crime involving the use of firearms and keep Canadians safe. You should lead an examination of a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians.”

It is, and has always been, our opinion as experts, that the measures in C-71 do not address the issues facing our Canadian communities that are plagued with increasing gang crime and violence, but instead concentrate solely on legal firearms owners, a demographic that poses no demonstrable risk to public safety, with measures that bear no rational connection to reducing gang crime and violence. This legislation came to the table late into the Liberal majority’s term and has not proposed a single measure which will demonstrably increase public safety.

The Minister of Public Safety admits that there is rising gang-related violence in Canada and that new legislation is needed. Bill C-71 does not mention the words “gang” or “organized crime” even once. The bill mentions the word “licence” 35 times. Nothing in this bill is aimed at unlicensed criminals or will provoke a change in criminal behavior. This bill is unacceptable and is a clear indication of poor governance. It will represent a significant financial investment of taxpayer resources and infrastructure with no reasonable prospect of achieving any of its purported goals.

The CCFR’s view is that those scarce resources, if redirected to law enforcement and support systems aimed at gang crime and violence, would directly result in increased public safety which will not be achieved with Bill C-71.
From that unfortunate misstep, the debate has now turned to restricted firearms in recent weeks, with municipal councils asking the federal government to consider a national ban on handguns and “assault weapons”, in the wake of continued violence in the streets which continues to see a failure of funding from the federal and municipal governments. Toronto Mayor John Tory led this legislative demand, which we note is in direct contradiction to his former statements that such a ban would serve no purpose. National and local police agencies across the country have agreed that a ban on handguns owned by legal gun owners would have no positive effect on public safety. Assault weapons have been prohibited in this country for decades, something this government should already know.

It is the position of the CCFR that government and police forces across the country should be focusing their efforts and resources on the problem at hand: crime. The Minister of Public Safety held a Summit on Gun & Gang violence last March where over 300 stakeholders outlined their ideas, programs and funding requests to combat this epidemic, yet this process has resulted in no tangible funding or concrete action targeting criminals who use guns illegally. This government also has repeatedly promised and re-announced a financial commitment to combat these issues, yet police services and the CBSA wait without any indication of when help is arriving. Working on crime is a long game, but it is a necessity if we want a safer Canada, and we can all agree that we do. Both C-71 and this examination are politically motivated and will serve no purpose in reducing gang crime and violence. It is with regret that we state the current government has failed Canadians safety and opted for measures directly targeting Canada’s most vetted, safe citizens, firearms owners.

Tracey Wilson
Vice President of Public Relations
Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights
P.O. Box 91572
RPO Mer Bleue
Ottawa, ON, K1W 0A6
[email protected] 1-844-243-CCFR(2237)
www.firearmrights.ca

https://firearmrights.ca/en/ccfr-official-statement-on-c-71-blair-mandate-letter/

Yep,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
janesy

Post by janesy »

In all honesty, this issue will push him from his title. Unfortunately in this country it takes a real slap in the face to wake up gun owner/ voters. Look at Harpers majority won over (in part) by the biggest voter turnout on gun owners to combat the gun registry a few years back.
If TrueDope tries this it will be the end of his leadership, unfortunately that means if he tries he very well could succeed and then he'd be voted out.

What a mess. But on the possitive side, out of the blue yesterday I met two women who had just received their RPAL on the same day. Stating that the want to be registered to add to the numbers. So at least some members of our society are listening and being active. More numbers is the best defence.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

“No gun control law or firearms ban has anything whatsoever to do with public safety.
Now the government is targeting the property of Canadians as a kind of bizarre virtue signalling gone mad”.

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/08/29/a-ban-on-handguns-for-canada/

Nog
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I hate it for you all that have to endure that administration! It is always a piece meal approach. We just want to get rid of this or that bad weapon, until we have them all. Just remember, when seconds count the police are only minutes away. Best of luck. I hope there is a silent majority that stands up and makes themselves heard on this issue and tells the UN where to go...
This isn't a gun problem; it's a heart problem. If the guns are gone they'll just move down to knives (look at London) or acid. If knives are gone they'll move down to bats or rocks or whatever. The killing won't stop just different methods. Gang violence is a real issue but politicians rarely take chances and normally take the easiest way out which is rarely the "right way".
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree Patcon . Guns are not the problem , people are .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus

Post by newbie »

Doe Master wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:58 am
You guys have too much common sense to run our country! :eusa-clap:

Too bad people in power dont have any. :crazy:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

newbie wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 pm
Doe Master wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:58 am
You guys have too much common sense to run our country! :eusa-clap:

Too bad people in power dont have any. :crazy:
It does seem they have more dollars than sense.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.