Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Scope Setting

Post by vixenmaster »

Hester0305 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:56 am
vixenmaster wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:47 pm
Couple of my loopys have heavy duplex n i sight in the xhair at 30 yds. Then the thin to thick joints upper is on at 20 yds n lower is on at 40 yds wid my scope set at 5x on my 2x7. On my 1x4 its on the 4x
Mike, until I bought an HHA I shot like that also with my Leupold and it really works great out to 40 yards which lets you only look an one crosshair. all it takes is a little practice and you're good to go. The Bushnell banner Dawn and Dusk Shotgun Scope heavy duplex works well also for under $100.00 and its as bright as my Leupold 2-7 shotgun scope. My wife has one on her Matrix 350 and loves it.
Yes indeed, thick duplex works great when the light is poor
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I’ve always used a single point 25 yard sight in, but I’m trying a Swarovski Z6 with a ballistic turret. It's working well, but I’m not sure I’ll remember to adjust the turret in the heat of the moment.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The real thing with the single aiming point is to fully understand your arrows trajectory. It starts out lower than the crosshair, crosses zero on the way up and then is at zero where you set it (20, 25 yds whatever). You need to know where your "near zero" as well as where the max height is and how much it is. For me on my Micro335 with a 425gr arrow, zero is 20yds, near zero is 5 yds, and the max is 1" high at about 13yds. You can't think of it as you do a rifle because there is far more arc to the arrow trajectory than a bullet. Changing from a 20 yd zero to 25 or 30yd zero will really affect near zero and the max height. It takes some time and effort to shoot at 5 yd increments and record accurate data so you know what is actually happening. Hawke has a app that lets you enter the BC of your arrow as well as the speed and weight and it does a good job of giving you accurate trajectory for your specific setup.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

On my micro 335 with 410 gr arrow I use just 20 yd recticle sighted in at 30 yds.
My limit on buck is 40 yds and many have walked!
At 10 yds its like 1.5 inchs high,40 yards like 3 inchs low!
I can turn my scope up to 380 power for more zoom and no worry about changimg the yards etc thing!
Old school way of doing it no messing with yard increaments for Sproul...
Aim small shoot small!