Got the blind up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Got the blind up

Post by ChrisK »

It was 90 something and I did some sweating. Cleared a lot of vegetation and dug a little into the hillside to make it more level.
Went to the neighbors and moved a tripod stand also.
vixenmaster

Re: Got the blind up

Post by vixenmaster »

That is great to hear n you can sure enjoy the watchin n huntin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Getting ready is part of the fun, good luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Buckfever

Post by Buckfever »

Nice. When does the season open there? Ours opens on the 8th here in NJ. But...you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Buckfever wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 pm
Nice. When does the season open there? Ours opens on the 8th here in NJ. But...you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck.
I don't see a problem with that. Does taste great!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

What zone are you in buck fever. I had to take my daughter to school last night in east Stroudsburg pa. But l ride the delaware river in nj to get there. I was dodging deer all night coming home . Some very big bucks up near Washington. And a jillion doe were seen and dodged
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Our bow season opens October 1. I usually try to shoot does from October 1-15. If I don’t shoot one before that and I haven’t shot a buck I let them walk. You never know what’s following them. Most of the time I kill my bucks during the beginning of November to opening day of gun season. I see bucks before that but usually don’t get to many shots at them until then.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:eusa-popcorn:
Buckfever wrote:
..... don’t plan on being out the first couple of weeks in The People’s Republic of New Jersey.... the warm weather and the ticks are just unbearable!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buckfever

Post by Buckfever »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:53 pm
What zone are you in buck fever. I had to take my daughter to school last night in east Stroudsburg pa. But l ride the delaware river in nj to get there. I was dodging deer all night coming home . Some very big bucks up near Washington. And a jillion doe were seen and dodged
Right in that area. About 5 miles due east of the Delaware and Stroudsburg. Lot of deer around.

I take it you also hunt with a longbow? Been shooting longbows since 82. Make my own out of hickory and shoot Howard Hill bows also.

I love the crossbow also. Use it mostly late season around the developments here to fill the freezer.
Buckfever

Post by Buckfever »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 pm
:eusa-popcorn:
Buckfever wrote:
..... don’t plan on being out the first couple of weeks in The People’s Republic of New Jersey.... the warm weather and the ticks are just unbearable!

Definitely tired of the warm weather. Hoping for a few cooler evenings or mornings to get out.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Yup, had my blinds up a few weeks ago. Will brush them all in next week sometime. Have a tripod stand together and my grandson will be here this weekend to move it in place for me! Then I’ll be all ready for September 15 to come! Good luck this coming season for everyone! 🏹 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme