125 Black Hornets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phantomhunter22

125 Black Hornets

Post by Phantomhunter22 »

Hey guys anyone watch the RANCH FAIRY VIDEOS? He’s pretty cool and I have learned some things watching.
Anyone using the Black Hornet Ser Razor?
Opinions on the scallop blades theory?
Matrix 405 mega
Gold tip lazer 4
Grim reaper 125g
kd8jgu

Re: 125 Black Hornets

Post by kd8jgu »

I have been using the Stinger Buzzcuts with all my Excals for years
Haven found every deer and hog I have shot
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Deerboyarchery Flemish tricolor string
Black Eagle Zombies
100 grain Stinger BH

Vortex Hogette
Vixenmaster string
Firebolts
150 grain Stinger BH
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I like the way they fly and are very sharp . Gona try them this year along with the Flying Arrow Toxic. one good thing about the Magnus products is all you need is three and your good for life . they will stand behind them 100% bend or brake they will send you another one no charge . just send them a pic. of the damaged BH and your good to go.
W.M.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have killed several tick toters n like them well. Make sure to keep yer fingers away from the back of blades as they are sharp also. I am not a Fan of a serrated edge but they cut
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:46 am
I have killed several tick toters n like them well. Make sure to keep yer fingers away from the back of blades as they are sharp also. I am not a Fan of a serrated edge but they cut
I agree with Mike, these heads are strong, accurate and extremely sharp. I am also not a fan of serrated edges for hunting because they are difficult to resharpen and it has been medically proven that a clean straight slice is more difficult for clotting to attach to resulting in more sustained bleeding.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:26 am
vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:46 am
I agree with Mike, these heads are strong, accurate and extremely sharp. I am also not a fan of serrated edges for hunting because they are difficult to resharpen and it has been medically proven that a clean straight slice is more difficult for clotting to attach to resulting in more sustained bleeding.
Agree with this right here. No serrated edges for me, but many have said those heads fly very well and as all Magnus stuff, very tough.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If you look at the broadhead closely you will see that the blade is chisel tip and not serrated , you can sharpen them just like any other blade. I talked to Mike at Magnus about this a while back and he said that is why he went with the chisel style ,and it has more trauma when it strikes . I kinda like the and going to give them a try. they come 125 or 100gn.

W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I believe grassy the knolster was using these a couple years ago. I believe they flew real good for him. Come to think of it where are you grassy?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.