Assasin Crank 12lbs vs C2 on Equinox ( ???? Lbs)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

Assasin Crank 12lbs vs C2 on Equinox ( ???? Lbs)

Post by colouredchameleon »

Does anybody know the forcd differences between the Assassin Crank 12 lbs vs the force required to crank an Equinox using the C 2 Crank.

Subjective or actual cranking force lbs are welcome if you have had experience either way

Thanks
Boo

Re: Assasin Crank 12lbs vs C2 on Equinox ( ???? Lbs)

Post by Boo »

I haven't installed a Charger on an Equinox. Danny has. All I can tell you is that there is some minor stock removal and you'll have to replace the rope because the OE rope is too short.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
colouredchameleon

Açtually the force required to crank difference I am trying to learn about is between the Assassin and an Equinox with C2 Crank installed. Not a Equinox with Charger Crank installed.
Final piece in the decision to upgrade or not before hunting starts.
Require the least of the two for this upcoming season and possibly next.
Unfortinately no Assassins locally to check it out. Will need to travel 150 kms to closest retailer with one so hoping to get an idea before making the trip as to whether it is a option.
Boo

Post by Boo »

My Equinox takes 15 cranks and the last 5 or so get to be some effort. The Assassin takes 10 turns and only the last 2 feel like some effort. So the torque required is about the same but the Assassin is less work because of the short lived resistance. Hope this helps.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I don't know if this will help you in your quest but I made up a longer handle on my C2 crank and it is a lot easier to crank than with the stock handle. there is some resistance but not hard at all.

W.M.
colouredchameleon

Thanks the both comments are very helpful..gives me two options to consider.
The Assassin's reduced cranking makes it worth a close consideration. The difficultly with the C2 on Equinox for sure is related to the number of cranks and the force required in the last half.
The handle length I will give it a try also as I do like shooting it and just incase locating an Assassin in time for opening day proves difficult.