Excalibur Bigfoot Stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

oldmanhunter

Excalibur Bigfoot Stirrup

Post by oldmanhunter »

Just a heads up. Bought a Bigfoot Stirrup today for my 380 Mad Max. I have Dissipator Bars on the bow and the stirrup will not seat properly. It hits the edges of the dissipator bars. Needs a shim and longer bolts, otherwise, fits my winter pack boots perfect. Oldmanhunter.
janesy

Re: Excalibur Bigfoot Stirrup

Post by janesy »

Funny, I would not have expected that.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

You might want to file the base of the stirrup so that it points down a bit. It doesn't take much filing so go slow. Keep the file on the bench and move the stirrup and file the whole base at the same time.
I've done it when I want clearance for a big broadhead. There was a short period of time when Excalibur machined their stirrups to have a slight downwards attitude.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 pm
You might want to file the base of the stirrup so that it points down a bit. It doesn't take much filing so go slow. Keep the file on the bench and move the stirrup and file the whole base at the same time.
I've done it when I want clearance for a big broadhead. There was a short period of time when Excalibur machined their stirrups to have a slight downwards attitude.
Great idea!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Wish I read this post before I opened the package. Same deal with my Matrix 350se - the Bigfoot Stirrup contacts the air brakes and cannot be installed. The picture on the package is a bow complete with air brakes so I'm a bit puzzled.

I'd need a to file it at a significant angle to clear the air brakes or shim it out at least a quarter inch to make it work.

I hope i can return it but am bummed out because I was really looking forward to getting more boot into the stirrup this year!
Matrix 350SE
R.E.D.S. 'n' Brakes
TriggerTech
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Jackalope wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:25 pm
Wish I read this post before I opened the package. Same deal with my Matrix 350se - the Bigfoot Stirrup contacts the air brakes and cannot be installed. The picture on the package is a bow complete with air brakes so I'm a bit puzzled.

I'd need a to file it at a significant angle to clear the air brakes or shim it out at least a quarter inch to make it work.

I hope i can return it but am bummed out because I was really looking forward to getting more boot into the stirrup this year!
Jackalope....give Gaston a holler at DrStrirrup....a wonderful pwerson to deal with....might have a workaround solution or provide you with the necessary parts to make it work....just saying....the DrStirrup setup is just too good to pass up!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Thanks Anthony would do but the stirrup I purchased is the new one made by Excalibur. I've never seen a Dr. Stirrup set up in real life but am interested. How are they when the bow is on your shoulder? Are they handy in a treestand?
Matrix 350SE
R.E.D.S. 'n' Brakes
TriggerTech