Assasin and the SK-200's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Assasin and the SK-200's

Post by amythntr »

....well, been a little busy at work combined with the warm weather I really have not had a chance to shoot my new Assassin....

....to make matters worse I needed to make up new arra's since I have given up on the Firenocks (cannot get the damn end caps to stay glued inside the shaft) and have gone back to the tried and true, easy to use, never fail Lumenoks....

....at a recommendation of someone on the forum I decided to go with the Flex-Fletch SK-200's ....using vibra-tite glue (recommendation of South Shore) and the recommended primer pen...the arra's came out beautiful and I absolutely love how durable the fletching is....

...took about 30 shots from 20 yds out to 50 yds and I must say I am extremely pleased with both the arra's and the Assassin....what a pleasure to shoot at the range....at 50 yds I sliced one of the fletchings perpendicular to the shaft....came home and refletched....what a biatch to scrape the damaged fletching off....I never experienced this with the Blazers....I am sold on the SK-200's....

....so , all and all it was a well needed , relaxing day at the range....

ANthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigbowman

Re: Assasin and the SK-200's

Post by bigbowman »

Congrats! I love and use the SK-300s! Nothing better than a straight shooting arrow! If I loose one fletching, then I just replace them all. I put acetone in a cup, turn the arrow upside down and let it soak for about 10-15 minutes. The fletchings and glue comes right off! Just like new arrow ready to fletch. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm glad to hear of your day at the range Anthony. I know how hard you've been working and I know you really needed it....and it's sure nice when it all co.comes together. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

After trying several other brands of vanes I have found the SK in both 2" and 3" to be the best overall vanes for my arrows.

One vane I have heard are also very good is the Aerovane but have yet to try them.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

I am staying with these for sure!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings