Need Help Micro 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tlyle

Need Help Micro 355

Post by Tlyle »

So as the subject states, I need a little help. I’ve done everything I know. Everything is tight and checked a couple of times. Shooting Zombie Slayers with 125 grain field points. Nikon Bolt sitting on top. Shooting from a solid bench rest. Problem is that I can’t get a good group at 20 yards. Not sure what to do next? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Matrix 380, Zombie Slayers, TT 2.5
Matrix 360 Bulldog Blackout, TT 1.5
Shoot Straight, Eat Steak!
xcaliber

Re: Need Help Micro 355

Post by xcaliber »

If all is well with the bow, and scope, I would look at the arrows next. Shoot just one arrow, and see what happens. Yes, it's a lot of walking, but it's necessary if everything else is correct. If the ends are just a little out of square, you will have fits. This is not always an issue with vertical bows.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Do you have a spare scope :?:
If you do switch scopes and see if it makes a difference.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
janesy

Post by janesy »

Tlyle wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm
So as the subject states, I need a little help. I’ve done everything I know. Everything is tight and checked a couple of times. Shooting Zombie Slayers with 125 grain field points. Nikon Bolt sitting on top. Shooting from a solid bench rest. Problem is that I can’t get a good group at 20 yards. Not sure what to do next? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
When you say everything is tight. You mean everything?
You checked the screws holding the trigger box in place under the stock?

Before I went to crazy I would try a softer rest. I find a solid rest doesn't do me any favours. Today I was shooting off a solid rest and was not getting consultant results, switched rests, and put my hand under there to isolate and was back to bullseye. I find my micros like to move a lot on the shot.

At 20 yards you should be filling the same hole each time. What are you getting for a group? Are you getting erratic flight with the same arrow each time? That would suggest a loose screws or buggered scope.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Shoot one arrow only and same vane down all the time! If you don’t get same hole or very close something is loose on the bow or scope! When shooting off a rest make sure it’s soft not a hard surface!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Was sighting in a friends bow yesterday and had the same problem and it was a loose trigger assembly . remove the 2 screws from the stock and check them a 5 min. check . also give all the screws a check while you have the wrenches in your hands.
W.M.