Dry-fired my Axiom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jc1

Dry-fired my Axiom

Post by Jc1 »

Me and my son were target shooting last night, and i was adjusting my scope and talking, and when I shot, it sounded funny. My son said dad, you forgot to put your arrow on. Looked it over and I couldn't see any cracks or damage, cocked it and looked it over again, nothing. Shot it and kept adjusting and it's easily hitting 1 inch groups at 20 yards with a rest. Pretty impress, it never missed a beat.
xcaliber

Re: Dry-fired my Axiom

Post by xcaliber »

You are the new president of the dry fire club. :lol: :lol:
You'll learn real fast that way, good thing those models are pretty forgiving.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

An ADF scope mount is priceless! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm
An ADF scope mount is priceless! :)
Put one on my Exomax after I dry fired it a couple of times. Cheap and reliable insurance!!

Bought a set of blemished limbs for it while they are still available. When I quit hunting I'll pass it on to my grandsons.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Been there done that. Glad that there isn’t any visible damage. You should run a cotton ball over the limbs just to make sure. If there is a splinter starting it will pick it up.

The string talks a beating when this happens. You should put a new string on it. Twice I have seen a delayed string failure after a dry fire. Once it happened to me and just recently it happened to a friend.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Them vixens and 305 fps bows are tough as nails they dont have the poundage of the others to do damage especially with a stock string. Thats why l love em so much they are what made excalibur bows so awsome before the great race for speed came upon us. I know where l can get a almost new phoenix for 300 bucks l think im gonna pull the trigger on that one this weekend.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.