Best string for my 380, just had one fail, aaah

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Best string for my 380, just had one fail, aaah

Post by Boo »

The biggest difference in longevity is that the loops on a well made Flemish string is more stable.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

TDHunter wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:54 pm
Does one kind of string , Flemish twist or endless loop have a longer life span or is that all just string material.
The endless loop and Flemish Twist are just different styles of strings and each can be made with whichever material the string maker chooses. Most here, including me, prefer the Flemish twist simply because there is less felt vibration and perceived noise at the shot. As mentioned, do not live your rail and only a minimal amount of wax on your serving only after it starts looking fuzzy. A little silicone spray on a microfiber cloth is great for cleaning your rail and making it slick. Make sure to wipe it down with a clean microfiber cloth afterward.
***where in B.C. are you?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
TDHunter

Post by TDHunter »

Terrace bc,

the string broke right where the tails fade out. I'm guessing one bundle was taking most of the stress.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I would recommend you reach out to Boo here on the forum and inquire about purchasing a string from him.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Alan, thanks for sending a picture to me. This is one of my strings from 2013, but I am not currently able to make one for you, however I contacted another string maker here that I am confident can make you a string that you'll love, and will work. If he cannot make it, we'll ask another maker until you get one. I will pay for everything including shipping, and apologize for any missed hunting days.

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:07 pm
Alan, thanks for sending a picture to me. This is one of my strings from 2013, but I am not currently able to make one for you, however I contacted another string maker here that I am confident can make you a string that you'll love, and will work. If he cannot make it, we'll ask another maker until you get one. I will pay for everything including shipping, and apologize for any missed hunting days.

Dan
Wow Dan, kudos to you sir. That's top shelf right there
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Dan
Wow Dan, kudos to you sir. That's top shelf right there

X2 Dan, that’s integrity in its best form. :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, I have learned a lot from some people here about doing things right, and making things right. I have had the outpouring of good deeds in my time here from people I don't deserve it from to be frank. There are a heck of a lot more good folks than bad, or even average in my opinion, and I hope to achieve their patience, honor, and friendship while I'm still healthy enough to do something for them.
I asked 8ptbuk, and without hesitation he offered to help me out without any payment, that is a stand up guy! I also know that had I asked anyone of the other guys, I would have received the same reply. I'm truly blessed to know many members here from around the world, maybe just email, or an occasional phone call. But none the less, I consider many of them FRIENDS!
Thanks,
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I got over 1,500 shots on my first Boo string/M380. However, I got a TT trigger and sent it back to TT to get them to shape the latches like Boo likes. They KNOW what that is. Did the same with 2 more TT triggers. I never gotten less that 1,000 shots on either a Boo or Vixenmaster string.
The latches are very important.
I like my TT triggers;but, if I had it to do all over again, I’d have Boo modify my stock triggers including the string latches. I think the latches are an important part of serving wear.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

[/quote]

The endless loop and Flemish Twist are just different styles of strings and each can be made with whichever material the string maker chooses. Most here, including me, prefer the Flemish twist simply because there is less felt vibration and perceived noise at the shot.

Paul
[/quote]

With new limbs, new scopes, and new strings our hunting group did more sighting in than usual this year. 1/2 the guys have flemish strings, 1/2 have endless loop. 1/2 have dr stirrups, 1/2 don't. one had cat whiskers and limb silencers. all were shooting excals. i wasn't paying attention to it but i noticed no difference in noise levels. i'm sure there was some difference in the noise levels between the bows, just not enough to stand out if ur not looking for it.
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE