First Shot Problems!! Need Help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

First Shot Problems!! Need Help

Post by Shoebuck »

I have two Micro 335 first gen bows. One of them is throwing the first shot of every practice session 4 inches high, after that it will shot very nice groups at 20, 30 40 yds. I have gone over the bow and can not find anything loose. My other bow is fine. I am shooting Spynal Tapps with 110 grain inserts up front and 100 grain Slick Trick Mags. Can anyone give me advise. I will say thanks in advance. Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
gerald strine

Re: First Shot Problems!! Need Help

Post by gerald strine »

That is a weird one check the trigger assembly screws are tight but do not over tighten,
I would number your arrows with a marker it could be a funky arrow.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Shoot that arrow that prints 4" high repeatedly to determine if this is a pattern.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

All of my arrows are numbered. I have taken the arrow that shot high on the first shot and shot it 6 more time and it hits perfect. I have tried several different arrows to see if there is a difference and there was not. I just got done going over all of the screws again and I tightened the scope screws on each side of the anti dryfire housing and I got the front screws to move about a quarter turn. Try again tomorrow. Glad I have another bow and another set of limbs.Thanks Guys Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Dave, I have had fits with bows. I was sure the fasteners were all tight, as I had tightened them a couple shooting sessions prior. I couldn't get 3" groups at 20yards. Upon finally rechecking the fasteners, they had backed off. We've all been there. My advice, remove each fastener one at a time and add a small smudge of medium strength blue Loktite to the threads and tighten. Allow the bow to sit overnight to cure the Loktite and you'll be good to go. Also, if the bow will shoot the same arrow in the same spot repeatedly, the bow is probably fine. If the bow won't hold zero with the same arrow there's either a scope issue or an arrow issue.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Thanks Paul, you are spot on, as I stated in my previous post I did tighten two of the scope screws that are in the side of the anti dry fire. I just got done shooting this morning and all arrows were perfect today. 1 inch group with the same arrow at 20 and 30. This is the bow that my wife uses so I did not shoot further. I than shot 4 other arrows and all were perfect. Lesson well learned, check the screws and then check the screws again. Thanks all and have a great season, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt