slick trick Xbow broad heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Micro335hunter

slick trick Xbow broad heads

Post by Micro335hunter »

I purchased these broad heads for my Micro quill lumenok bolts and the broad heads won't screw on the bolts, the package the broad heads came in didn't indicate a deep six broad head , is anyone have this problem and can I get inserts for these bolts and broad heads?
longbow joe

Re: slick trick Xbow broad heads

Post by longbow joe »

Micro hunter they are different. ...they won't work i believe the diameter of the unthreaded part is smaller. Why some genius tried to re-invent the wheel is anus -ish in mild terms. Sorry you might have to send them back or simply "deep six"them.lts a lot easier to just get the correct broadheads than to change all your inserts.
Last edited by longbow joe on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I don't understand, what do you mean they won't screw in? Do your field points screw in? Where did you buy the broadheads? I'm sorry to say, but it's possible you got nock offs if they won't screw in. If no points will screw in it's probable that glue spilled into the thread of the insert and you'll have to run a tap through it.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Paul l know its stupid but they are different than our crossbow and regular common inserts. I found this out last year.lf you really dont have deep six then paul is correct then something is wrong.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/hQTJXdr4]Image
This is what a deep six thread looks like if you have this style then paul is correct something is wrong
Micro335hunter

Post by Micro335hunter »

I had the rage 3 blade on the bolts and no issues and field points work, I bought the broad heads from a local archery dealer and the package indicated they were the Xbow broached there was no mention of deep six on the packaging, they don't screww into the excalibur quill bolts.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Deep 6 broadheads and field points are a design that will accommodate the Deep 6 insert, which is an insert that is completely, if you will, hidden inside of an arrow shaft with no visible collar to it. Arrow shafts that use this type of insert are very thin in an outside diameter. Basically skinny shafts.. Basically a Deep 6 insert is used in an aluminum/carbon arrow, Deep 6 arrows.. Return the Deep 6 version of your broadheads and replace them with regular fit heads.... Even if you were able to mount a Deep 6 head into a standard arrow, it would probably mushroom upon impact as there is nothing reinforcing the shaft wall on a carbon or aluminum arrow...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Grassy knoll
Thank you for your post this thread had my scratching my head I was not getting the drift I never heard of deep six.
I do love the the slick trick x bow head have harvested well over dozed deer with them i have harvested many deer with the same head I just put new blades in and use again.
This is the head I use and thought the post was about.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/SLICK-TRICK-XBOW-TRICK/1973418.uts?productVariantId=4124325&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04135370&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0dHdBRDEARIsAHjZYYD0DHS1-wep4pj6x3rvYNUwGKICWnA1uthEZuYi50KH5x_Iu7sa_WYaAmwyEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have shot it out of fire bolts and 2219 aluminum the 2219 is my current go to and not likely to change.
I never had a thread issue with the x bow slick tricks they are a great head.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ya "deep six" is a design that allows for arrows down to 4mm across IIRC. The idea was started to creat an arrow capable of very deep penetration. It's a system, with its own proprietary components. Very clearly obvious when you hold the two styles close together.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme