TRIGGERS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

TRIGGERS

Post by WNYBILL »

Acquired a Grizzly, already have a Axiom. Both are stock. Compared to the Axiom, the Grizzly trigger is just awful. Creep and heavy pull. Uncomfortable hand position on Grizzly too. Is this normal? Or may there be something wrong with the Grizzly? Have not messed with the triggers on either. How much of a problem is it to remove the trigger group? Do the Micro's all use the same trigger? (Grizzly is a micro???) Might the Axiom and Grizzly (micro) triggers be the same?

I understand thee is some work you can do on the triggers, is there a youtube video?

Bill
racking up points

Re: TRIGGERS

Post by racking up points »

•Grizzly is a Matrix bow, right?
•I wouldn’t dare touch the triggers internals without some kind of prior experience with crossbow triggers, it’s just too risky.
•All stock Excalibur triggers are awful compared to a TriggerTech and FWIW, that’s the best route if you’re unhappy with a trigger
•you could send the trigger back to the factory - I had a terrible trigger and they made it acceptable.
•alternatively, Boo is known to slick up Excal triggers so that they’re almost as nice as a TT, I’d recommend messaging him before you do anything drastic
•DON’T USE YOUR AXIOM TRIGGER IN THE MATRIX BOW, they’re not the same and triggers for the Matrix/Micro are designed to hold more poundage than the older Exo series.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
WNYBILL

Re: TRIGGERS

Post by WNYBILL »

Yes the Grizzly is a MATRIX, not a Micro. Now you know what an amateur I am! Are the Matrix triggers interchangeable? I talked to Boo and he sent me a picture and darn if I can find it, off in cyber space.

Thank you,

Bill