Unhappy Excalibur Owner

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Unhappy Excalibur Owner

Post by longbow joe »

Sorry to hear this .you still have the best bow made.
As l said before the fastest excalibur bow l have is a matrix 355 because it seems like after that .....things happen. The micro bows are awsome mines been trouble free but you are bending the sh....t out of a tiny little limb this is not good. I just purchased a "brandnew" old phoenix l love the old long limbers. Speed is over rated.so is limb width
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 pm
The micro bows are awsome mines been trouble free but you are bending the sh....t out of a tiny little limb this is not good.
Yep, everyone wants short limbs; the problem in engineering terms is that the strain on the limb is inversely related to the square of the limb length!

What that means in plain English is if you shorten a limb by half, the strain jacks up by 400%!
NCHunter
Exocet 175 (modified)
600-grain Executioner arrows
Centaur Battle axe
(230-grain) broad heads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:12 pm
I haven't had one single bow stick around long enough to need a seasonal tuneup. They are always getting torn down, and rebuilt.
I'm set on the Pitbull. It's staying
Where have I heard that before? Are you related to Jeff/Carnivorous? :eusa-dance:
Hey it's an eternal problem for us tinkerers. If they don't make what you want .. make it yourself !
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

This is exactly why my Vixen will never be sold. :shock:
My Matrix 350 has a cracked left limb at two years old...Excalibur had me new limbs in three days but it really pissed me off when it happened.
I just bought a Bulldog M380 blackout so I’ll be watching this one closely.
I know Excalibur will stand behind their products but I like the feeling of knowing that I have one bow that is 100% bulletproof. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....LBJ.... I want my IBEX back! :eusa-pray:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:12 pm
I haven't had one single bow stick around long enough to need a seasonal tuneup. They are always getting torn down, and rebuilt.
I'm set on the Pitbull. It's staying
Where have I heard that before? Are you related to Jeff/Carnivorous? :eusa-dance:
LOL! So many bows to own and so little time!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:22 am
The old long limb bows are pretty much bulletproof.... just saying
I’m finding that out... :roll:

After this, I may end up dumping the M380 and Micro and go back to my old Exomax.

After the Micro limb splintered last night, I went into panic mode. Fortunately, I had left my late Dad’s old Ibex at our OK house, and I got it set up and sighted in pretty easily. It actually worked out pretty well, and I killed an old doe with it this morning.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

retrieverman wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:14 pm
I’m finding that out... :roll:

After this, I may end up dumping the M380 and Micro and go back to my old Exomax.

After the Micro limb splintered last night, I went into panic mode. Fortunately, I had left my late Dad’s old Ibex at our OK house, and I got it set up and sighted in pretty easily. It actually worked out pretty well, and I killed an old doe with it this morning.
Congrats to you on gettin a fine deer.So fer i have either traded or sold every Excal that has had a limb break on me but one. Its up in the loft collectin dust
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I’ve got a question for the experts here. Will there be any adverse effects in using the Micro 16.5” bolts with the Ibex or Exomax?

For the record, they shoot great and do kill deer... 8)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I would only offer this advice, make sure you cannot slip your foot under an arrow, that could be very dangerous when uncocking the bow.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:02 pm
I would only offer this advice, make sure you cannot slip your foot under an arrow, that could be very dangerous when uncocking the bow.
Thanks for that! The only way I decock is to shoot into a target, so that won’t be a problem.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

retrieverman wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:14 pm
I added an Excalibur ADF to my Exomax and couldn't be happier. I've grown used to it's width/weight and use it with no problems in my Summit Viper tree stand and my Ameristep Doghouse ground blind.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Phantomhunter22

Post by Phantomhunter22 »

Bummer, sorry to hear also. I had my old trigger repalaced about a month ago. It was on the recall age.
Now today I noticed a cracked( really just a 1/16” splinter. I love my 405. Since I have dealt with Excalibur I knew the steps. She also explained the repair and that there is a whole new riser and Limbs for my 405 mega.
1. Call or email for an RMA
2. Get the number
3. Mail to woodies
4. Replacement comes like magic in 4-5 days
All companies have products that can fail. This company located in Canada, has products shipped from Pennsylvania. This is a very quick process.
I have been pleased!
Matrix 405 mega
Gold tip lazer 4
Grim reaper 125g
ch312

Post by ch312 »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:37 am
I am very sorry to hear about your limb problems. Excalibur will take care of you but no one wants that kind of hassle let alone during hunting season.

I'm sure the Excalibur engineers are hard at work to find a permanent solution and I appreciate their efforts. They are pushing the envelope with some of the latest designs trying to stay relevant in the international crossbow race. This in itself creates design problems that must be overcome as they crop up.

It's very mystifying how some Matrix and Micro bows have no limb problems while others are splintering and/or cracking. Is it an overall design problem or an individual manufacturing fault?

The Matrix and Micro series are very attractive to me but can't justify the cost of replacing the Exomax. After a couple of dry fires I got some small splinters and replaced it's limbs but with a little sanding I'm sure they would of been fine to use.

Good Luck!!

Bill
Limb splintering goes back to at least the original Exomax days. It's nothing new and it's an ongoing issue which has effected the Exo, Matrix and Micro series. I suppose they've concluded it's cheaper to keep replacing limbs than to alter the manufacturing process and/or "recipe" to eliminate the issue.
Phantomhunter22

Re: 405 Limbs splintered

Post by Phantomhunter22 »

Great Service.. just replaced my trigger a month ago. It was like right before bow season opened up. Got my trigger in and piece of cake. Looked today and I felt a splinter. Called Dawn, I only have a phone. She knows the problem explained they are aware. There are those early ones out there. She is Sending a whole new redesigned riser, limb assembly. Shipping label says Wednesday. Now that’s SERVICE.
Matrix 405 mega
Gold tip lazer 4
Grim reaper 125g