308 Short vs Micro 315?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NonTypicalCPA

308 Short vs Micro 315?

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

They spec out pretty close, just a smaller package in the 308? I haven't heard much about either of these bows. Anyone have one and have an opinion on it?
mchurch

Re: 308 Short vs Micro 315?

Post by mchurch »

My son has a 308 short banshee. He loves it. The best factory trigger I have ever seen on an excalibur. No need for a trigger tech trigger
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
janesy

Post by janesy »

Main difference is the stock. Pick whichever fits you best. Banshee is probably the best deal.

I had a 315 and loved it. Currently working on another
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Banshee rocks! :)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
NonTypicalCPA

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

My local shop hasn’t had a short that I could handle. As soon as they come in they’re gone. I like that banshee!
Froghunter

Post by Froghunter »

What the final factor for me was...the stock! I purchased the 308 Serenity (The reason I purchased it was because of the black riser and rail...project) because of the way the stock is! I have not handled or shot the 315, but have handled and shot the 335 at the local bow shop. My son has the older Vortex and I like the way it shoulders and 308 is along those same lines! Another thing I was concerned about was the Wear and tear, the rubber on hand grip and front stock. Not sure if any have had problems with wear in these areas? So far I like the 308 Short and it’s mission will be my primary Whitetail dear hunting bow, it will never replace the joy I get out of shooting my Brown Vixen! 👍🏻

Enjoy and Be Safe!

Froghunter
Deerhide Brown Vixen, Vari Zone Scope, Flemish String,
GT Swift Pro 18”, 110 Grain Insert

Silent Night (308 Short), Dead Zone Scope, Flemish String, B.E. Zombie Slayers 15”, 110 Grain Insert

😎