Brace height issue?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Brace height issue?

Post by XB I GO »

I have a Matrix 380 with a Boo string. I set the brace height and then a few days (or weeks) later the sting is touching the stoppers again. Adjust again and a few days (or weeks) later the string is on the stoppers again. This is without shooting. So far it hasn't seemed to affect the point of impact any when I re-adjust and fire some shots. What is moving, the limbs or the string? Is this something that requires taking action or do I just keep adjusting it as necessary? Thanks!
gerald strine

Re: Brace height issue?

Post by gerald strine »

Sounds like normal string stretch it should settle in with use and slow down but that is normal.
mark your preferred height on the side of the riser with a pencil or marker and adjust as necessary with a string twist , it would have to be off quite a bit before any big arrow impact difference is noticed .
Just be thank full it is so easy to fix on a re-curve bow on a compound you can spend a lot time with the bow in the shop getting timing issues fixed.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Just the string! Still stretching
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
janesy

Post by janesy »

If you aren't using it, just set the brace height high and let it settle. Or go shoot it 100 times and speed up the process
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 pm
If you aren't using it, just set the brace height high and let it settle. Or go shoot it 100 times and speed up the process
Yep, set it about 1/4" off the bumpers and don't adjust it again until it's almost touching the bumpers again.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

You should have installed it at the length that you recieved it at. After less than 50 shots, the string should have stopped creeping. If you backed it off to achieve your braceheight immediately, the string could unravel which it may be doing now. My instructions are clear and are at the bottom of my emails.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:37 pm
You should have installed it at the length that you recieved it at. After less than 50 shots, the string should have stopped creeping. If you backed it off to achieve your braceheight immediately, the string could unravel which it may be doing now. My instructions are clear and are at the bottom of my emails.
I did as instructed and my string stopped stretching after 30 shots! Haven’t adjusted the brace height since then! Boo’s strings are bulletproof when following the directions to a “T”!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

OK thanks I need to shoot this more football has me busy this year
catclr

Post by catclr »

bigbowman wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm
Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:37 pm
I did as instructed and my string stopped stretching after 30 shots! Haven’t adjusted the brace height since then! Boo’s strings are bulletproof when following the directions to a “T”!
X2
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I have a new string by another maker. stretching has slowed down. shoot, shoot, shoot. I believe thats the secret. I noticed a difference when I took it out of air conditioning and put in the garage. The more I shoot, the better it is.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster