Wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Wraps

Post by jody5252 »

Always wanted to try them on my x-bow arrows. A white (quality) wrap with bright fletching, makes an arrow, easier to find... Obviously, I know that they would get marked-up, if you use the arrow frequently. The only reason that I have not tried them, is because I worry that it would bring the nock end up higher, causing nock alignment issues. Also, would it create to much friction? Is that possible, or am I just a worry-wort? Better to be safe then sorry... :eusa-think:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
ko4nrbs

Re: Wraps

Post by ko4nrbs »

Been thinking about using them as well. I also use lighted nocks but sometimes I need all the help I can get to find and arrow. The landowner doesn't want any broadheads left underfoot so it's imperative I find the arrows after the shot.

Some info here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94vgqZQt4R0
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

You won’t have any problems using wraps. They are very thin and only add 10-12gr to the back end.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I got these from Onestringer. These are reflective, and 1.125" width. They only sell these in standard widths so you will get a little over wrap, but to mitigate that I make sure when I install vanes to line that seem up opposite the cock vane. I also recommend you get them in what they call double dog. This is a clear wrap over the graphic which keeps them from getting scared up. You can get many different styles, and lengths in the reflective type, and I have had several dealings with them over the years, they fix anything you find wrong, no problems. What I also find is great using them is that the vanes stick very well, and when you do have to fix an arrow, stripping is really easy. You hit these with a cell phone flashlight, and they light up!

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/hhtrBD9f]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/mhg05GkS]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 am
I got these from Onestringer. These are reflective, and 1.125" width. They only sell these in standard widths so you will get a little over wrap, but to mitigate that I make sure when I install vanes to line that seem up opposite the cock vane. I also recommend you get them in what they call double dog. This is a clear wrap over the graphic which keeps them from getting scared up. You can get many different styles, and lengths in the reflective type, and I have had several dealings with them over the years, they fix anything you find wrong, no problems. What I also find is great using them is that the vanes stick very well, and when you do have to fix an arrow, stripping is really easy. You hit these with a cell phone flashlight, and they light up!

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/hhtrBD9f]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/mhg05GkS]Image
Nice transmission gears Dan!
I don't use wraps because the fletchings hold better on a bare shaft and when you have to replace one, you replace all 3 and removal of the wrap is boring! The nice thing about wraps is that fletching stick more readily.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks, music is pretty good too, especially compared to most of the crap produced today. :lol: :lol:
Yes, there is no salvaging the wrap, or just swapping one vane. These are for hunting only, but verify accuracy at the range before they go into the quiver. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I painted a few arrows white last year with a hard acrylic paint. Rustoleum something, I think. Worked pretty well and had no problems fletching them. Just a bit of a pain to do. I may try it again as I never did shoot a deer with one of those arrows...which was the whole point. Shoudl make them easy to find and give you a good read on blood.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 pm
I painted a few arrows white last year with a hard acrylic paint. Rustoleum something, I think. Worked pretty well and had no problems fletching them. Just a bit of a pain to do. I may try it again as I never did shoot a deer with one of those arrows...which was the whole point. Shoudl make them easy to find and give you a good read on blood.
‘Crept they won’t be white anymore. A few years ago while st a Rsngers game , I noticed that the neon chartreuse shirts that all vendors wear could be seen from all over the stadium . So I called Onestringer, ordered some, got some Blazers that color, and was really pleased till I shot something. They aren’t chartreuse any longer .☹️ Not any easier to find than anything else .
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Here's my take on wraps...they look great. However, as mentioned, they are horrible to remove and you'll be removing all vanes vs a single damaged vane. I suggest taking one arrow with a wrap and try scraping it off. In my opinion, as good as they look, the drudgery of removing them isn't worth using them. That's just me. I know many use them and love them.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

I’ve bought reflective tape from the auto parts store before, and put a 1/2”-wide strip behind the fletching. Makes arrow easy to find in the dark. It’s cheap, super-thin, and the weight is negligible.
janesy

Post by janesy »

nchunter wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 pm
I’ve bought reflective tape from the auto parts store before, and put a 1/2”-wide strip behind the fletching. Makes arrow easy to find in the dark. It’s cheap, super-thin, and the weight is negligible.
I like this plan.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I used to crest my arrows now its wraps for me
venison

Post by venison »

I painted all the ends of my arrows white 8 inches works great with white vanes they stick out on the forest floor..I also can see the blood good also it’s been working out good for me one can of paint will do allot of arrows wraps are a pain in the ass
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

venison wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:47 pm
I painted all the ends of my arrows white 8 inches works great with white vanes they stick out on the forest floor..I also can see the blood good also it’s been working out good for me one can of paint will do allot of arrows wraps are a pain in the ass
I do the same.

I use a white lacquer spray paint and glue the fletching to that with Loctite super glue gel. Doing this is only a few grains and it is easy cleanup with some acetone the “wrap” comes right off.

If you do this don’t use fletchtight as it reacts with the paint.

That was a heart shot btw. I was surprised a the small amount of blood from it. I was using feathers at the time but now I am using fluorescent green blazers.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I bought some blaze orange and hot pink wraps and they work fine.
very easy to find arrows.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks