Update on Toxic Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Update on Toxic Broadheads

Post by paulaboutform »

I just got back from what is probably my last Russian Boar hunt. The last couple of years I tried Slick Trick Magnums, QAD Exodus and Spitfires but nothing yielded the results I got with the Toxics. I tried the Toxic broadheads since they first hit the market a number of years ago. Of the first 13 critters I shot the longest recovery was a young muledeer buck that made it 60 yards with a high lung hit. Everything else was 40 yards or less. This year I went back to my 100gr Toxics. There was no snow on the ground so it was tougher to see blood but it is what it is. What shocked me was the results I got. My first Russian boar was a 220lbs sow shot dead center through both lungs. Decent blood but a recovery of at least 65-70 yards. The second pig was a young 115lbs boar. Center punched both lungs and a recovery of about 80 yards. I'm unsure of the blood because we heard crashing and went to that spot to make the recovery...and had daylight remaining. Lastly, on my last afternoon, I shot a little 60lbs boar. The shot looked perfect yet we ended up blood trailing the little guy at least 150 yards. The shot looked perfect. Upon dressing him, the arrow centered one long, cut the back lobe of the second lung, and put a big hole through the liver. It's beyond me how it ran so far.
I'm posting this because I've been more impressed by the Toxics than any other broadheads I've ever used. I've promoted them wholeheartedly as being the best and I've been shocked by reports of 'yeah, they're okay.' Well, here's the thing, they still worked. However well they performed in the past, they were nothing special on this recent hunt. I actually found myself thinking, 'would they run this far with a spitfire?'
I just wanted to give you an honest review and update. :oops:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Bcxbow

Re: Update on Toxic Broadheads

Post by Bcxbow »

Great unbiased report Paul. Thanks for that. :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks Paul. I don't know that you should be worried about using them again. I've always been amazed at the tenacity of pigs. While I've only shot 6 of them, they all seem to produce a spectacular reaction compared to deer. Maybe it's just the squeal or the instant on full tilt run that makes me think that but any adrenaline in an animal can prop it up pretty good. All of my archery kills on pigs have been with a G2 Striker Magnum with a 1.5" cut and none of them dropped in 40 yards and 2 of them went 100 yards with plenty of blood spewing out. I think pigs are pretty tough!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Have never used the toxics,but congrats on the piggy’s!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Thanks for the report and congratulations on your harvest.
My question is how do they group as far as accuracy goes , do you target practice with them to get sighted in and how consistent are the groupings.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:05 pm
Thanks for the report and congratulations on your harvest.
My question is how do they group as far as accuracy goes , do you target practice with them to get sighted in and how consistent are the groupings.
I've shot both the 100gr and 125gr Toxics. They both group excellent but the 100gr do group better at extended range because of their smaller blade diameter. As I recall, shooting 18" zombies with 92gr brass inserts, 100gr toxics and 2" Blazers and plastic nocks from my Matrix 380, I was shooting 1.5" spots at 70 yards....off a shooting bench of course. For me, that's very acceptable.

Paul
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Thanks Paul. Congrats on a successful hunt. It sure sucks that I cant talk on the phone to you anymore. I really enjoyed our conversations.
Hank
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Great report on the broadheads, and congrats on the harvest. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
catclr

Post by catclr »

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:39 am
I just got back from what is probably my last Russian Boar hunt. The last couple of years I tried Slick Trick Magnums, QAD Exodus and Spitfires but nothing yielded the results I got with the Toxics. I tried the Toxic broadheads since they first hit the market a number of years ago. Of the first 13 critters I shot the longest recovery was a young muledeer buck that made it 60 yards with a high lung hit. Everything else was 40 yards or less. This year I went back to my 100gr Toxics. There was no snow on the ground so it was tougher to see blood but it is what it is. What shocked me was the results I got. My first Russian boar was a 220lbs sow shot dead center through both lungs. Decent blood but a recovery of at least 65-70 yards. The second pig was a young 115lbs boar. Center punched both lungs and a recovery of about 80 yards. I'm unsure of the blood because we heard crashing and went to that spot to make the recovery...and had daylight remaining. Lastly, on my last afternoon, I shot a little 60lbs boar. The shot looked perfect yet we ended up blood trailing the little guy at least 150 yards. The shot looked perfect. Upon dressing him, the arrow centered one long, cut the back lobe of the second lung, and put a big hole through the liver. It's beyond me how it ran so far.
I'm posting this because I've been more impressed by the Toxics than any other broadheads I've ever used. I've promoted them wholeheartedly as being the best and I've been shocked by reports of 'yeah, they're okay.' Well, here's the thing, they still worked. However well they performed in the past, they were nothing special on this recent hunt. I actually found myself thinking, 'would they run this far with a spitfire?'

Paul
Here is a link where the guy hunts wild boar all the time-----https://bit.ly/2OL1r7A, not using a crossbow, but compound, & might be something to give
thought to. It does make you think.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

catclr wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:33 pm
paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
Here is a link where the guy hunts wild boar all the time-----https://bit.ly/2OL1r7A, not using a crossbow, but compound, & might be something to give
I tried looking up the link you gave but it can't be found.

Paul
catclr

Post by catclr »

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm
catclr wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:33 pm
paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
I tried looking up the link you gave but it can't be found.

Paul
Paul,
I just copied & pasted it & was fine. But here is the you tube link not shortened----
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM4fbcHXkfS2KceiIbWlPIQ/videos

Here is the shortened link----
https://bit.ly/2OL1r7A

Just tested both & they worked.

Steve
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your pigs I really love pig hunting. I used the Toxics several years ago while trying 3 different broadheads that year. The1st deer I shot was at a ranged 50 yards slightly quartering away, out of my food plot and the deer went about 25-30 yards. the broadhead came out just behind the opposite shoulder. The second I shot that year was standing at 12 yards and I hit it high lung going in and middle lung as the broadhead exited. This deer ran about 50 yards and stopped and I thought it was going down then it took off in a dead sprint before piling up about another 30-40 yards away Blood trail was decent on the 2nd deer. I watched the 1st deer fall so I didn't blood trail it. I ended going to a Grizztrick for several years and sold the Toxics even though I had no issues with them.
Sounds like they have really performed good for you also. Congrats again on your pigs and good luck hunting.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Great report Paul! Congrats on your pigs. :clap:

Marcel.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....fratello mio....great report!

.... you keep me wanting to keep coming back to trying these BH's.... 2019 might be the season....I still have some in my archery tackle box ! :crazy: :crazy: :D

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:09 am
....fratello mio....great report!

.... you keep me wanting to keep coming back to trying these BH's.... 2019 might be the season....I still have some in my archery tackle box ! :crazy: :crazy: :D

Anthony :mrgreen:
I do recommend giving them a try Anthony. Worst case is they perform like the rest.

Paul/Fratello :wink: