Gen 1 Micro 335 - insert color

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sparkey

Gen 1 Micro 335 - insert color

Post by Sparkey »

Hey All,

I have a Gen-1 micro 335 in RealTree Xtra. My cheek piece is also RealTree Xtra, but it actually is a significantly different shade ( more of a light green tint to it instead of the more tan Xtra tint that the stock and limbs are.

I know the "camo matching" is not a big deal, but it still annoys me ever so slightly at times. For that sad reason ( I know, .... :crazy: ) I am planning to paint the cheek rest the same color as the grip inserts. MY question is, does anyone know the official color of those grips? They seem a grayish green...... ?

I thought of just replacing it, but the micro cheek pieces are all black now.

Mark
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
janesy

Re: Gen 1 Micro 335 - insert color

Post by janesy »

That colour will be difficult to match with a scanner. But your best bet is to take the stock to where ever you are buying the paint and have them scan it for you.
It will have be perfectly cleaned if you go that route as the scanner would pick up anything in there(dirt, grease, scrates) and associate them with the colour

You would want to have someone who uses the machine often or even better, understands paint colouring scan it for you. I wouldn't be getting just anyone to scan it. That would be wasteful
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
foofoo

Re: Gen 1 Micro 335 - insert color

Post by foofoo »

ive noticed for years even the anodize between riser and rails arent matched too good. my Mega 405 is 3 tones. at these prices they should get consistency down a little better.