Mega Matrix 405

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

new xbow hunter

Mega Matrix 405

Post by new xbow hunter »

I have found a matrix 405 at a dealer that has not been sold yet. I can get it for $950. I have one already and love it. I have been looking at getting a bulldog 400 when I came across the 405. What would you guys do?
paulaboutform

Re: Mega Matrix 405

Post by paulaboutform »

Hmmmm, I had a number of crossbows (too many to be honest) when I came across a great deal on a 405. Well, I also have a 405 now....and love it. :think: I guess that's my answer. :eusa-dance:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
new xbow hunter

I have also found a new exomax lite stuff package for $700. It was a trade show demo...guess I will have to decide which one I want the most 405, 400, or exomax.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

new xbow hunter wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 pm
I have also found a new exomax lite stuff package for $700. It was a trade show demo...guess I will have to decide which one I want the most 405, 400, or exomax.
I have an Exomax and have killed 10 deer with it so far. Use it in an Ameristep Doghouse ground blind and in a climbing tree stand. It works well for me in those circumstances. Not too bad to cock with a cocking rope though I use a C2 Crank when target practicing. Also added the ADF to it for insurance. It also has a great stock trigger in it.

I can highly recommend it but it is wider than the Micros or Matrix models. It's the only crossbow I have ever had so it's not an issue for me.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
new xbow hunter

I started out trading a Mathew’s DXT for an Exomax for my first crossbow. I sold it after getting my 405. I regret getting rid of it now, just can’t make my mind up on what I want for a second crossbow now. Shouldn’t have sold the first Exomax. If the Exomax package had a twilight scope on it the decision would be easy. The Bulldog 400 package I have found has it already.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

new xbow hunter wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:14 pm
If the Exomax package had a twilight scope on it the decision would be easy. The Bulldog 400 package I have found has it already.
I put a Twilight on my Exomax. Upgraded to the Twilight after the Shadow Zone failed. The Twilight is a great scope.
I've seen used Exomax crossbow packages sell very reasonable around here.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm bear hunting now with a friend. He had his 405 limbs replaced at woodies about a month ago.....for the 3rd time now this morning we noticed the new limb is splintered. I know that many are out there with no issues. But personally l would pick a more reliable possibly a slower model with more reliability. Ok.......now l said it now here come the blasting ....just my opinion.why not try the bulldog 400.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
new xbow hunter

Ended up getting the 405 to back up my other 405. With a new string from 8ptbuk I am sighted in and ready to go. His strings are great if anyone is interested.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boaf! Never tooo many!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I think most of the Matrix cracked limbs were secondary to riser problems. Sharp edges and too tight. I had 2 M405s. Both had minor cracks coming from the riser cutting of the limbs. The riser modifications can easily be done by the owner, of course, depending on the owner.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

X2 SEW, I did some work on mine and had no problems as yet and don't expect any . if you are going to clean up the sharp edges just take your time and you will be ok . JMO
W.M.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

new xbow hunter wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 pm
. What would you guys do?
I would buy it, then offer it to your new friend Nog for about 2/3's the price! :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."