It Pay's to Be Nice Expecting Nothing In Return!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

It Pay's to Be Nice Expecting Nothing In Return!

Post by amythntr »

....Actually wrote this and tried to post a few weeks back....but I lost the post and had to re-sign in again :evil:

....In any event, in 2017 I was contacted by a forum member who's old girlfriend had purchased him a DrStirrup setup....when he finally got around to putting it on his BD400 he realized it wasn't the correct one....well, Roy (who has posted in the past)contacted me knowing that I knew Gaston and asked me if I could get it exchanged for him....

....I told Roy I was on my way up to Boofest in a couple of weeks and would be seeing Gaston and I would see what I could do for him!

....Well I was able to work things out with Gaston and get Roy the correct Stirrup...Roy has a camp in Cambridge, ME and we go to ME on vacation each year so I said I would take a trip up to his camp to hand deliver the Stirrup....well we hit it off while I spent a few hours with him and his significant other that August day in 2017....Roy invited me up to his camp to deer hunt during the gun season....I just though he was being nice and really did not mean it! I thanked him, said my goodbyes and went back to my family at our vacation spot....Roy and I stayed in contact....

....2017 turned out to be a wash out for me in terms of ability to venture out hunting even in The People's Republic of New Jersey....so Maine was not even a question....

....I went back up to see Roy this past August while in Maine on vacation having remained in touch with him and our friendship growing ....again reminding me of his open invitation to head up to his deer camp in Maine's northwoods for some Rifle hunting this year! I said I would....well, two weeks is just too much form me to get away from the office but I said I would come up for 10 days....

.....SO, at "zero dark hundred" on Saturday, November 3rd, I will be making the trek up to "deer camp" in Maine, for what could shape up to be the hunt of a lifetime!......and to think, it all began with a message from Roy on the forum and the willingness by me to hand deliver the Stirrup 2 hours north of where I was staying.....for no other reason than he was a forum member!

....needless to say I am looking forward to this hunt!

Anthony :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Re: It Pay's to Be Nice Expecting Nothing In Return!

Post by flightattendant100 »

Great story, Anthony. Keep us posted. I bet you will have a great hunt!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Good luck on the hunt Anthony :thumbup:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Random acts of kindness! I know what you're like :angel: . Every year, you give one whole day (and a more) to me so that others can have fun at Boofest. A whole day is big and largely, no one knows and I know you don't care. You're my kind of guy buddy! I just wish you lived closer to me.
As a reward, next year, I'm going to get you a bite suit and you and my Malinois can play! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
artifact

Post by artifact »

Good luck Anthony, hope you get a "bruiser"!
I hunted Maine for 26 yrs,, there are some huge buck up there that will make those "Jursey" deer look like rabbits! :lol:
Hint! Look for big tracks, if you can lay a loaded 30-06 shell inside a fresh track you are probably looking at a deer app. 200lb dressed weight, now if you follow those tracks in snow, you may be able to catch a glimpse of the buck that made them! (AKA known as the Benoit way)
AND: Never doubt your compass!!!!!! I always have a ball compass pinned on the orange vest where I can just glance at it and keep a heading, a GPS was a big improvement later on, but I still use the ball compass when roaming around in the woods.
Don't get discouraged if you don't see a deer for DAYS, my one buddy didn't see a deer for a week and wanted to go from Portage over to Jackman, the next week he shot a beautiful heavy 8 @ 227lb dressed at Portage.
Enjoy Maine deer camp, and a big thumbs up to Roy for being kind enough to invite you! :clap:
Darn, I miss going up there!!!!!!!!!!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very excited for you Anthony, hope you have a blast, and great success.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Good luck in Main I have always wanted to visit Main sounds like a sportsman's paradise.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 am
Random acts of kindness! I know what you're like :angel: . Every year, you give one whole day (and a more) to me so that others can have fun at Boofest. A whole day is big and largely, no one knows and I know you don't care. You're my kind of guy buddy! I just wish you lived closer to me.
As a reward, next year, I'm going to get you a bite suit and you and my Malinois can play! :thumbup:
AWWwwwww….he don't need a suit! :wtf:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Have a great time Anthony, and shoot a big one . :thumbup: :thumbup:
W.M.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Best of luck to you Anthony. Hope you have a great and safe adventure.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks for sharing such a great story Anthony. It has amazed me how such close friendships can develope from this little hunting forum. I wish you great success on your hunt. I've been blessed to spend a bit of time in hunt camp with a couple different members of our forum that are dear and cherished friends. I expect no less for you fratello mio. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... thanks everyone for your well wishes... much appreciated!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 am
....thanks Don for your generous offer!.... as we affectionately say in The People’s Republic of New Jersey, “ Bite This!” :x :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:35 am
....Actually wrote this and tried to post a few weeks back....but I lost the post and had to re-sign in again :evil:

....In any event, in 2017 I was contacted by a forum member who's old girlfriend had purchased him a DrStirrup setup....when he finally got around to putting it on his BD400 he realized it wasn't the correct one....well, Roy (who has posted in the past)contacted me knowing that I knew Gaston and asked me if I could get it exchanged for him....

....I told Roy I was on my way up to Boofest in a couple of weeks and would be seeing Gaston and I would see what I could do for him!

....Well I was able to work things out with Gaston and get Roy the correct Stirrup...Roy has a camp in Cambridge, ME and we go to ME on vacation each year so I said I would take a trip up to his camp to hand deliver the Stirrup....well we hit it off while I spent a few hours with him and his significant other that August day in 2017....Roy invited me up to his camp to deer hunt during the gun season....I just though he was being nice and really did not mean it! I thanked him, said my goodbyes and went back to my family at our vacation spot....Roy and I stayed in contact....

....2017 turned out to be a wash out for me in terms of ability to venture out hunting even in The People's Republic of New Jersey....so Maine was not even a question....

....I went back up to see Roy this past August while in Maine on vacation having remained in touch with him and our friendship growing ....again reminding me of his open invitation to head up to his deer camp in Maine's northwoods for some Rifle hunting this year! I said I would....well, two weeks is just too much form me to get away from the office but I said I would come up for 10 days....

.....SO, at "zero dark hundred" on Saturday, November 3rd, I will be making the trek up to "deer camp" in Maine, for what could shape up to be the hunt of a lifetime!......and to think, it all began with a message from Roy on the forum and the willingness by me to hand deliver the Stirrup 2 hours north of where I was staying.....for no other reason than he was a forum member!

....needless to say I am looking forward to this hunt!

That's awesome! Hope you have a great hunt Anthony.

Do they run hounds?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Random acts of kindness are always rewarded ! In time , here or the here after ! Have a great hunt and be safe !