blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Location: Sout. Illinois

blinds

Post by Cardinalsfanforever » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:22 pm

I like the view from trees, but any users from ground blinds have any input?
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Vixenmaster
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster

ko4nrbs
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: blinds

Post by ko4nrbs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:57 pm

I’ve been using an Ameristep Doghouse Blind for
several years now. It has plenty of room for my Exomax, tripod steady rest, Primos Double Bull chair and other assorted gear. I really like it and don’t plan on using anything else.

A search here will help you get many other recommendations.

Look here to:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68988&p=671652&hilit=Doghouse#p671652
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35

User avatar
Kegbelly
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: blinds

Post by Kegbelly » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:23 pm

I sold my ladder stands last year and pretty much only use ground blinds or permanent shooting houses now. Blinds set up and take down in just a few minutes and take much less storage space in the off season. I put discarded office chairs from work in mine. Much more comfortable than any ladder I've ever used, and I like the concealment and freedom to move around a bit inside a blind. I still have my Summit climber but haven't used it in a long time. I love the view from above but I just got tired of lugging so much stuff into the woods.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers

Hillcountry
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: New Hampshire Lakes Region

Re: blinds

Post by Hillcountry » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:15 pm

I’ve only had one tree stand in my life and it’s a great big 2 man stand. Very comfy but a lot colder to sit in for long periods. My other two options are an Ameristep Brickhouse ground blind, which I usually use because of the concealment and I can use my little buddy heater...my other is a tree seat which is nice for moving around and picking a random spot to sit.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360

hunter with MS
Posts: 836
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: blinds

Post by hunter with MS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:31 am

Since I have MS and can not climb well I have been using blinds ameristep doghouse and the larger ones . When they can not be used because of space or location I build ground blinds out of whatever is there . I have taken several deer and turkeys with them, I also wear black as the inside of the blinds are black so I blend in

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: blinds

Post by papabear1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am

I'm not hunting this year due to medical reasons , But next year I will be using my ameristep predator den, and my dog house, +my tri pod stand . :thumbup: the tri pod is very easy to get into safely . :) I have 4 ladder stands that I gave to my son,

Gotta keep on keeping on :thumbup:
Dave
Last edited by papabear1 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: blinds

Post by janesy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:20 am

I was watching wildTV last weekend for the first time in years. Same old crap.
But they were running an ad for a blind that has see through mesh completly surrounding all 4 sides or something like that. It looked cool. I can't remember the brand tho
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Cadeuses
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:24 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: blinds

Post by Cadeuses » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:32 am

janesy wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:20 am
I was watching wildTV last weekend for the first time in years. Same old crap.
But they were running an ad for a blind that has see through mesh completly surrounding all 4 sides or something like that. It looked cool. I can't remember the brand tho
The blind you are referring to is the Primos Double Bull Blind, "the blind without a blind spot".

Cadeuses

vixenmaster
Posts: 13612
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Capitan, New Mexico.

Re: blinds

Post by vixenmaster » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:00 am

papabear1 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am
I'm not hunting this year due to medical reasons , But next year I will be using my ameristep predator den, and my dog house, +my tri pod stand . :thumbup: the tri pod is very easy to get into safely . :) I have 4 ladder stands that I gave to my son,

Gotta keep on keeping on :thumbup:
Dave
Dave i got yer slack my friend, i will kill n bring the next tick toter up to you :D
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: blinds

Post by janesy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 am

Cadeuses wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:32 am
janesy wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:20 am
I was watching wildTV last weekend for the first time in years. Same old crap.
But they were running an ad for a blind that has see through mesh completly surrounding all 4 sides or something like that. It looked cool. I can't remember the brand tho
The blind you are referring to is the Primos Double Bull Blind, "the blind without a blind spot".

Cadeuses
That's the one
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

Riflemanz
Posts: 2405
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: blinds

Post by Riflemanz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm

What a nice guy Vixenmaster is!
I've been using blow downs and tree braches for my ground blind.
It's free and no one can vandalize it. I also use a ghillie suit.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline

vixenmaster
Posts: 13612
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Capitan, New Mexico.

Re: blinds

Post by vixenmaster » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:06 pm

Riflemanz wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm
What a nice guy Vixenmaster is!
I've been using blow downs and tree braches for my ground blind.
It's free and no one can vandalize it. I also use a ghillie suit.
That is a good way to hunt fer sure
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

vixenmaster
Posts: 13612
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Capitan, New Mexico.

Re: blinds

Post by vixenmaster » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm

I have n use 2 both are Hub style that i really like. Barronett model 250 n Ameristep Brickhouse. Both are big enuff to have a bit of room fer you n a propane heater to stay warm in the blind. That is a real big plus when it gets below freezin hr after hr n out of the wind!
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

User avatar
catclr
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:37 am
Location: North of Harrisburg, Pa.

Re: blinds

Post by catclr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 pm

I use two ground blinds now. One is by Lucky Blinds, & last year replaced a old Dog House style blind, with the Barronett Ox5 . I can put heaters in both, but the Ox5 has a lot more room for a extra hunter, along with being able to stand up and move around.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: blinds

Post by papabear1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm

vixenmaster wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:00 am
papabear1 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am
I'm not hunting this year due to medical reasons , But next year I will be using my ameristep predator den, and my dog house, +my tri pod stand . :thumbup: the tri pod is very easy to get into safely . :) I have 4 ladder stands that I gave to my son,

Gotta keep on keeping on :thumbup:
Dave
Dave i got yer slack my friend, i will kill n bring the next tick toter up to you :D
Mike, read p.m.
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

Post Reply