Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKeYeHunter

how to quiet an exomag

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

any suggestions ?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

What ya hear is mostly from puting the stock against your cheek. DP bars/pads help and a custom wood stock from Mark H. helps...Also black foam pipe insulation cut length ways and put over end of your stock where your cheek lays against the stock helps some. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BUCKeYeHunter

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

cool....something to think about.......any recommondations or thoughts about string silencers.......on excal lead page photo with the cape buffalo it appears he has 4 leech type string silencers on his bow or am i seeing things?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Nope I do think thats what ya see :!: Problem is they only last a few shots and fly apart plus you lose some speed. Simms Finn type worked for me if put up next to the rail, they are for crossbows but out any futher and after a few shots 100 or so they would also fly off.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BUCKeYeHunter

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

ty garyl :D
Tom

Post by Tom »

Silencers can help but they have a drawback, you will loose arrow speed. I think that it would average about 3-4 fps for each silencer added.

In my opinion, take the speed over the noise reduction. The arrow will get there before the deer has a chance to react, unless it sees you before it hears you. Remember if you do silence you bow some, your arrow will still make moise in flight.

Good luck.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Redbad

Post by Redbad »

I put a Stealth Stabilizer on my Emag. I haven't taken measurements, but to my ear it quieted things a bit. However, accuracy was definately enhanced. I agree with choosing speed over noise reduction. If deer are jumpy, any level of noise will scare them.