https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeZ2NYdmHY
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
janesy

Re: Tuff as nails why I love Excaliburs

Post by janesy »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 pm
His facial expression when he cut the string with the Broadhead was pretty funny.

But in all reality, my friend dryfired his 380 last year just before new years. He was decocking and it got away from him. The rope cock smashed the lense covers off.
No problem, didn't do any damage or loose zero. So special thanks to Gaston and Marcel, who set him up with a rope 4x4 rope cocker for the cold hand hunts.

Then a couple weeks back he dropped it cocked and loaded from 16' up. It landed flat upside down. Same deal no damage, no loss of zero
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I love that I can maintain every thing on the recurves at home ,servings,brace height.string changes are a breeze. And are all common issues that effect all crossbow users
A serving jig,serving tool,thread and string changer are all you need to maintain a top preforming bow.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

janesy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 pm
gerald strine wrote:
His facial expression when he cut the string with the Broadhead was pretty funny.

But in all reality, my friend dryfired his 380 last year just before new years. He was decocking and it got away from him. The rope cock smashed the lense covers off.
No problem, didn't do any damage or loose zero. So special thanks to Gaston and Marcel, who set him up with a rope 4x4 rope cocker for the cold hand hunts.

Then a couple weeks back he dropped it cocked and loaded from 16' up. It landed flat upside down. Same deal no damage, no loss of zero
That is absolutely SCARY! I'm glad you're okay and didn't get shot.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
janesy

Post by janesy »

paulaboutform wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:08 pm
janesy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 pm
gerald strine wrote:

That is absolutely SCARY! I'm glad you're okay and didn't get shot.

Paul
Thanks Paul, but it wasn't me. Good friend of mine. But yes, it could have gone way bad real fast
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Chris , many years ago , before you joined the forum, there was a dreadful thread to read.
A young guy convinced his father to try a crossbow hunt. Dad was hesitant to try crossbow hunting but went along.
The kid went looking for his dads stand in the dark after dad did not show up at the truck.
At the ladder stand site he found his father dead.
It appeared dad dropped the bow accidently and the arrow shot straight up through the buttocks and out the neck.

As a side note , since then, I short tether my bow to the stock so it can't drop more than 6 ft.

Your friend is fortunate. I would educate him to the potential consequences of dropping your bow out of a tree.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:13 pm
Chris , many years ago , before you joined the forum, there was a dreadful thread to read.
A young guy convinced his father to try a crossbow hunt. Dad was hesitant to try crossbow hunting but went along.
The kid went looking for his dads stand in the dark after dad did not show up at the truck.
It appeared dad dropped the bow accidently and the arrow shot straight up through the buttocks and out the neck.

As a side note , since then, I short tether my bow to the stock so it can't drop more than 6 ft.

Your friend is fortunate. I would educate him to the potential consequences of dropping your bow out of a tree.
Wow, what a terrible tragedy. An extremely similar situation occured a few years ago in Peterborough with a shotgun .

I don't tether my bow, but thank you Norm, I will start now. Good advice
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Really good advice, it could save your life.
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

janesy wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 pm
Normous wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Wow, what a terrible tragedy. An extremely similar situation occured a few years ago in Peterborough with a shotgun .

I don't tether my bow, but thank you Norm, I will start now. Good advice
I am also going to start tethering my bow 6 ft of para cord should do it safer for me and the bow/ gun tie off at the grip and if drooped it should point downward when it reaches the end of the rope
Hunt eat sleep repeat.