Thanks!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Thanks!

Post by XB I GO »

I was trying to save for more broadhead blades for my Sonic Bolts. I put a "wanted" add in the classified section here. Yesterday, not 1 but 2 boxes of replacement blades showed up on our doorstep. I don't know if it came from anyone here because not many people would know our address. However they got here, Thanks! God is good!
longbow joe

Re: Thanks!

Post by longbow joe »

Maby it was Santa....and you were good all year
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm pretty sure that this is the only forum on the planet that this kind of generosity exists
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 pm
Maby it was Santa....and you were good all year
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wasn't me! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I know first hand, that there is a lot of very generous members on thin forum. :eusa-clap:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTW, which Sonic broadhead do you use? They look like a good broadhead!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Lot's of real good people here, glad you got something you need from someone that heard you. Great bunch of folks here! :clap:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Exie....C C C .... can l borrow your new boat?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:35 pm
Exie....C C C .... can l borrow your new boat?
Joe, I'll have to ask the owner, my Wife. :lol: :lol:

I did not send those to the young man, but I sure do thank the person that did, very nice!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I use the 150 grain Sonic Bolt on my crossbow bolts. They are very accurate and sharp and sometimes I use them twice for hunting. If the blade goes into the ground or looks like it took a beating I change the blades out. I've been using 4 ferrules for the past 3 years just by changing blades. In my vertical bow I use the 100 grain Sonic Original. It has a 7/8" cut on contact so it helps me get the most penetration from my bow when it was only 36-38 pounds draw weight. This year I am up to 46 pound draw but I am still going to use the Sonic Originals. My Dad has used the Original and the Pro that is 1" cut both 100 grain. We are looking into using the 1 3/16th inch Liberty in either 100 or 125 grain for the M380 because it is fast enough that Dad thinks we can spare 25 or 50 grains to get a better bolt flight. We are headed out to 3 different hunts this coming week. We are going to have the Sonic Bolt on both crossbows and the Sonic Original on both vertical bows. I will report back.....
Boo

Post by Boo »

XB I GO wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm
I use the 150 grain Sonic Bolt on my crossbow bolts. They are very accurate and sharp and sometimes I use them twice for hunting. If the blade goes into the ground or looks like it took a beating I change the blades out. I've been using 4 ferrules for the past 3 years just by changing blades. In my vertical bow I use the 100 grain Sonic Original. It has a 7/8" cut on contact so it helps me get the most penetration from my bow when it was only 36-38 pounds draw weight. This year I am up to 46 pound draw but I am still going to use the Sonic Originals. My Dad has used the Original and the Pro that is 1" cut both 100 grain. We are looking into using the 1 3/16th inch Liberty in either 100 or 125 grain for the M380 because it is fast enough that Dad thinks we can spare 25 or 50 grains to get a better bolt flight. We are headed out to 3 different hunts this coming week. We are going to have the Sonic Bolt on both crossbows and the Sonic Original on both vertical bows. I will report back.....
One things for sure, the design saves the ferrule from damage. Being such a short ferrule, it makes it harder to bend. Now that you're using 18" BEAs you have 92 gr brass inserts which means you can back off on the broadhead weight to 100 gr and a total weight of 380 gr or 405 gr with a 125 gr broadhead. Either way, that 150 gr is needless but not offensive to your set up. But, speed loss is only about 5 ft\sec for every 25 gr.
When I go to the ATA, I want to check out the Liberty 100 gr broadheads, they look good!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

Boo wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 pm
One things for sure, the design saves the ferrule from damage. Being such a short ferrule, it makes it harder to bend. Now that you're using 18" BEAs you have 92 gr brass inserts which means you can back off on the broadhead weight to 100 gr and a total weight of 380 gr or 405 gr with a 125 gr broadhead. Either way, that 150 gr is needless but not offensive to your set up. But, speed loss is only about 5 ft\sec for every 25 gr.
When I go to the ATA, I want to check out the Liberty 100 gr broadheads, they look good!
I am still using the 20" BEZS's because they group better in the M380. They have a 110 grain insert. The penetration on our target with a deer ribcage and skin draped over it is much more from the 20" with 150 grain broadhead than the Firebolt with 100 grain or 125 grain.