Doe hunt took an interesting turn!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Re: Doe hunt took an interesting turn!

Post by XB I GO »

I think this was probably my best hunt ever. This year a lot of my friends are shooting their first deer or first buck. They watch too much TV. They are all competing on a score. Who cares? I think they missed the whole experience. I let them rant and then I simply said, "you were sitting in a box looking through a scope on your rested rifle and shooting the deer so far away it didn't know you were there like it was a paper target". "I was crawling on hands and knees for an hour to get within 25 yards and shoot it with an arrow". Even my brother who used a gun still stalked to within 30 yards and he used a 170 year old musket! My friends got some nice looking deer but I kind of feel bad for them. They don't know what it is like to hunt or to actually outsmart a deer. I like the people on this forum that have great stories and get it done with their crossbows. Everyone is proud of their accomplishment and nobody cares how big or small the deer is. You shoot what makes you happy, not one that scores more than the other persons.