New nikon bolt p3 replacement

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

thelopeztribe

Re: New nikon bolt p3 replacement

Post by thelopeztribe »

Id be curious to know what you all think of this review. Sort the rating from highest to lowest.

http://www.crossbowcritic.com/best-crossbow-scope-reviews/
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I went to the Nikon Site did not find any replacement on it. It was a good scope fer slower models, but its been outdated fer 5 yrs i spect
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
thelopeztribe

Post by thelopeztribe »

vixenmaster wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm
I went to the Nikon Site did not find any replacement on it. It was a good scope fer slower models, but its been outdated fer 5 yrs i spect
What about the link I posted? When I go to Amazon it shows the newer model.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 pm
https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//riflescopes/prostaff-p3-crossbow-3x32-bdc-60.html
Here you go fellas(point awarded to Billy) :eusa-popcorn: . It not an XR anymore, it's in the P line up.

Old or not, there really hasn't been a crossbow scope in the last 5 years to render anything outdated. The bolt is a great scope, with a great warranty. And they are cheap. I got mine earlier this summer for 119 Canadian.

Don't forget, Nikon may be relatively new to the scope market, but they have been making camera lenses for decades on decades.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I went n looked at it n it says 305 fps n 20 yds parallax, i had an older one was decent. Crossbow scope market they can't jus sit n wait as they will be left in the dust
Half Bubble Off BD360

thelopeztribe

Post by thelopeztribe »

janesy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 pm
https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//riflescopes/prostaff-p3-crossbow-3x32-bdc-60.html
Here you go fellas(point awarded to Billy) :eusa-popcorn: . It not an XR anymore, it's in the P line up.

Old or not, there really hasn't been a crossbow scope in the last 5 years to render anything outdated. The bolt is a great scope, with a great warranty. And they are cheap. I got mine earlier this summer for 119 Canadian.

Don't forget, Nikon may be relatively new to the scope market, but they have been making camera lenses for decades on decades.
Chris - What is your opinion on the link of the scope reviews I sent? I am thinking it is like asking a beekeeper a question and getting 100 different answers/opinions. Have to find the one that works for you.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm not a good guy to ask about scopes. I have fairly limited experience with different brands. I have astigmatism and RGP contact lenses so the reticle to me is either there or not.
So from past experience, I stay away from Leupold and Bushnell. Burris is my go to scope, but they have no love for the bows.

So for me, it's a real gamble(read expense) to try different scopes. The Nikon scopes have very thick black reticles, so even when they start to fade out on me, I can still see them.
With a crossbow, this is totally acceptable. With a rifle, I can't do Nikon either.

Scopes are like underwear, Very personal decision.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
thelopeztribe

Post by thelopeztribe »

janesy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:28 pm
I'm not a good guy to ask about scopes. I have fairly limited experience with different brands. I have astigmatism and RGP contact lenses so the reticle to me is either there or not.
So from past experience, I stay away from Leupold and Bushnell. Burris is my go to scope, but they have no love for the bows.

So for me, it's a real gamble(read expense) to try different scopes. The Nikon scopes have very thick black reticles, so even when they start to fade out on me, I can still see them.
With a crossbow, this is totally acceptable. With a rifle, I can't do Nikon either.

Scopes are like underwear, Very personal decision.
Okay. That's what I thought. I can relate to the gamble part. :)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am not tryin to steer anyone one way or the other. I had one n liked it but in darker woods/timber in early mornin n dusk the circles get lost before legal light is done. Look though one to ck it out
Half Bubble Off BD360

thelopeztribe

Post by thelopeztribe »

vixenmaster wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 am
I am not tryin to steer anyone one way or the other. I had one n liked it but in darker woods/timber in early mornin n dusk the circles get lost before legal light is done. Look though one to ck it out
I am not taking it like that at all. :) I am just asking my questions. :) What scope or scopes do you like?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

thelopeztribe wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:44 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 am
I am not taking it like that at all. :) I am just asking my questions. :) What scope or scopes do you like?
VX1 Loopy's 2x7 fantastic in poor light n its not lit up either. I sight mine in at 30 yds center xhair n go high joint at 20 n low joint at 40. Every one gets diff mileage :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

No one had a crossbones in stock l tried. What's with them also
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 am
No one had a crossbones in stock l tried. What's with them also
Discontinued by Leupold. Those that have one should keep it! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
USAF Ret in Wis

Post by USAF Ret in Wis »

I've got this scope on my 2 Scorpyds: Trophy Ridge SpeedComp XV530IR

Got it for $114 off Ebay last year, looks like they are $125 now.

I understand they are made by Hawke. Really like them. :thumbup:
Craig
US Air Force 1984-2007
Excalibur Assassin
Scorpyd Orion 135
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Kicking myself for selling my crossbones when I had one. The first one I see for sale I'll scoop it up.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.