Worl Sharp

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Worl Sharp

Post by W.Miguire »

Just got a new knife sharpener a Work Sharp .Just wondering if any one else has one and how do you like it . It took a little time to learn how to use it but not long.
W.M.
Hi5

Re: Worl Sharp

Post by Hi5 »

Got one. Fantastic little machine. Just wish I had the diamond grit belt so I could sharpen a ceramic blade.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I have one also. Works awesome. Thanks to paulaboutform for telling me about them. After about a year using it I worked up the courage to sharpen my Dagrizz knife. Holy moley, you could cut yourself just looking at it. It was worth every penny.
Hank
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Hi5 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Got one. Fantastic little machine. Just wish I had the diamond grit belt so I could sharpen a ceramic blade.
They do sell them online, but not by the same company. Cant remember offhand, but they are a bulk belt dealer.
Edit: I found this after a quick look.
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Diamond-Cloth-Belt-651WY/?N=5002385+3293083410&rt=rud
Hank
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I forgot to add that if you use honing compound on the finest belt, it adds an extra wickedness to the edge.
Hank
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I have the KO version and love it.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

In my experience, for actual sharpening, a Lansky is hands down better than a Work Sharp, but my Work Sharp works great for “touching up” a blade.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Bcxbow wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:23 pm
I have the KO version and love it.
Me too. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

We have the KO edition. It re-sharpens ok. I read and followed the instructions several times but I cant get a knife "shaving sharp". Most of the time they turn out better than they were but I always see these guys on TV shaving arm hair or cutting paper. I can't get anything that sharp.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

It sure takes a little time to get use to . I fine if you set it at med speed and take your time and don't let the guard move you will get it in no time. I also found if you find a way to clamp the guides it works a lot better.
W.M.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

XB I GO wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:25 am
We have the KO edition. It re-sharpens ok. I read and followed the instructions several times but I cant get a knife "shaving sharp". Most of the time they turn out better than they were but I always see these guys on TV shaving arm hair or cutting paper. I can't get anything that sharp.
That’s my experience as well and why I went back to the Lansky. I sharpened two pocket knives yesterday with the Lansky, and both shave.
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

can be a little learning curve to use since it different than most sharpeners but once you learn it, it can't beat it. i use it at work to do customer blades and it shaves hair.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

If your knives are made of hard steel, your going to need patience. Most time with the standard work sharp you are rebeveling the blade first then the sharpening starts. It took forever to rebevel my Dagrizz knife with D2 steel using the green belt then purple belt. Consistency on you strokes is very important. Same amount of strokes, on each side. Dont force the knife. I draw the knife though with a relaxed grip so that I'm not bearing down on the blade. You can clean your belts with a pencil eraser for longer lasting belts.
Hank
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:41 pm
can be a little learning curve to use since it different than most sharpeners but once you learn it, it can't beat it. i use it at work to do customer blades and it shaves hair.
I hear you. My neighbors bring their expensive knives over for sharpening all the time. Most times it's just honing to bring back the shaving edge. I don't mind as they usually tempt me with food. :thumbup:
Hank