Axiom Velocity

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Re: Axiom Velocity

Post by XB I GO »

Yesterday I shot the Axiom with the factory string and 420 grain bolt. I used the Nikon Bolt and I measured where the bolts hit. Our chronograph said 277 FPS average for 10 shots. Here is the chart....

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/xkLmbKWP]Image[/
Some bodys wrong at 40 yards your bow should be at 15 inches low.At that chart you made your shooting faster than a 350 matrix.After 30 yards even the fastest bows "dive" dramatically
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I think he meant 7" low using the 40 yard aiming point.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

just goes to show ya crossbow ant no rifle theres a lot of arc in archery. :wave:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ok then that would make sense . As l mentioned earlier if you sight it in at 1 or 2 inches high at 20 yards all the Chevrons will be spot on till 40 yards + with the 305 fps bows (axiom,phoenix,lbex) with the nikon bolt from my experience this is the best set up that l have come up with and l have shot the 305 fps bows a lot.with the bolt
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:16 pm
Ok then that would make sense . As l mentioned earlier if you sight it in at 1 or 2 inches high at 20 yards all the Chevrons will be spot on till 40 yards + with the 305 fps bows (axiom,phoenix,lbex) with the nikon bolt from my experience this is the best set up that l have come up with and l have shot the 305 fps bows a lot.with the bolt
Good info . I sight my Axiom 1 " high and get the same results as you do out to 40 yards. With 410 grain The key is that extra 1-2 inches high at 20 yards . Also for the O.P would need to shoot his set-up . They all very a little.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Let's face it it's a under 40 yard bow anyway. I would rather deal with the 1 or 2 inch high a close range than deal with head scratching figures at longer shots. No speed ring no real issues with a 300 fps bow. great scope.