fawn in distress

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bogger

fawn in distress

Post by bogger »

Hello, anyone use a fawn in distress call for bringing in deer? i was waching a cyote dvd from primos the other day and they were using one to call cyotes and the muel deer just came running in. im thinking i might get unwanted visitors too. mabey ill stick to grunting ext. Richard
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Haven't used one bogger. Let us know how it works.

Grey Owl
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

They will definitely work on 'yotes! That's not entirely a bad thing, as we have had coyotes moving deer around for us more than once!

Mike
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

bogger, I have used this call and yes they work. The first time I used it I had a nice sized doe come in and walk right under my stand. I did'nt take her as it was early in the season. I have used this call during the rut to bring in does, and if you can bring in does you know what should follow. One word of caution, when you use this call be very prepared as they will come in from down wind and will be extremely alert. I have had one come in to see what is happening and when I have moved slightly for a shot another is just off in the brush keeping an eye on things, as you can guess I have been busted more than once. :oops:

Good luck
enjoy the woods
Doug
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Yes they do work!

I called in a 6 point buck Oct. 29th 6:30 pm with the "Can".

It was headed in the opposite direction and did a 360 turnabout and was 40 away when I released a bolt from my Exomag.

It ran another 20 yards and the rest is history!

Oneshot.....
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !