Parker Bows Goes Down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Parker Bows Goes Down

Post by IronNoggin »

This just in:

"Parker Bows has made the difficult decision to cease operations. We have explored what we believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades. And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.

Effective as of the date of this email (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. We will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at our Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018.

Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused.

As we wind down our operations, please check our website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements.

Thank you,

Tom Woodworth
President
Parker Compound Bows, Inc."

https://www.parkerbows.com/news/important-information-from-parker/

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Sparkey

Re: Parker Bows Goes Down

Post by Sparkey »

Sad day. They made really good bows.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The last 2 years have been difficult on the outdoor industry in general . If you can maintain or slightly grow your sales in this market you are doing well .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Very sad indeed!! Another victim of the Far East crossbows?

Christmas layoffs? I feel for the rank and file.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Very sad indeed. My heart goes out to all the workers and their families.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Not to mention all the stupid lawsuits from idiots that can't use the products correctly. They should get a bailout what the heck gm can go to China and get one....make faulty ignitions that kill people why not keep an American sporting company afloat for what in comparison is chump change.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
artifact

Post by artifact »

Unfortunate, but there is also a lot of competition out there, they aren't the first and they won't be the last.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

The Far East companies don’t have some many regulations to follow, OSHA, EPA, etc., plus all the State overlap agencies. My old company had a whole building full of lawyers just to deal with all the BS.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I rarely saw any ads for Parker and the few vertical bows I ever saw did not have any innovation but were priced right along with bigger name bows. You have to have a fan base with any name. When I was really little I used to go to the archery shop with my Dad and I would see Parker bows. I had to have one when I got old enough. We moved, and I have never seen one in a shop. There is not a whole lot of info on line about them either. I remember seeing Ross bows on TV and that made me want one. Same story, by the time I was old enough they were out of business.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I hate to see any North American bow company close its doors when I first started considering a x bow over a dozen years ago Parker seamed like a fair buy before I got more educated on the recurve advantages and Excalibur customer service and reliability that was bullet proof when I bought my Equinox.
Just looking at catalogs and stopping in at big box sporting goods stores back then the Parkers looked like a quality bow at a good price I never had one but came very close.
I have a guy I work with who 2 years ago bought one of these $150 Chinese recurves and he brought it over to my house so I could help set it up , for the money on paper it looked like a steel but it shot I would guess about 100 fps slower than advertised it was accurate but not anywhere near the advertised speed I wanted to have him shoot my Equinox but did not want to make him feel bad about his purchase.
He gave the bow to his nephew this year and bought a compound x bow some people never listen to what you try to tell them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Eck

Post by Eck »

Parker Bows were assembled in the US from Chinese parts.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

were they hank parker bow? did he make swackers ?