Is it normal...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Is it normal...

Post by georgiaboy »

To change limbs and pick up 16fps :?: :shock:
The best I could ever get my 350LE to chrony was 335fps with a stock diablo and a 100gr field point and stock string.
Well I had my left limb splinter early in bow season and Excalibur sent me a new set of limbs. While I was waiting on the limbs to arrive I found a smoking deal on a Bulldog m380 blackout 8) 8) 8) and I have been shooting it exclusively so far.
Well I finally got bored Christmas Day and put my new limbs on. Installed the same string and shot the exact same arrow with a 100gr field tip and my three shot group averaged 351fps 8)
My old limbs were numbered 52.5/53 and both my new ones are a 52.
Not complaining but damn she’s hauling some a** now!!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xcaliber

Re: Is it normal...

Post by xcaliber »

That is awesome, and not uncommon. The numbers are a way of comparing sets, but what they really mean is still dark scripture! :lol: :lol: Glad to read that you have gained so much out of her though, ENJOY! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

It's probably a better chance that your current limbs are working like they should and the previous limbs were weak.
The awesome news is, now you can shoot a deer 16 feet further away in the exact same amount of time as before! :eusa-popcorn: :lol:

Glad to hear it worked out well :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Just so the tillers on the money and the speeds close. As the others said you got a bonus. Even if you lose a few fps in the future it's not a biggie.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
roly

Post by roly »

My micro 355 always shoots well but was on the slow side for speed.
After switching out the limbs I went from 328 FPS to 346 FPS with a 390 grain arrow which puts the numbers just about right on.