Redfield revenge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Redfield revenge

Post by Carnivorous »

This scope came up for $60.00 brand new in the box so I thought I would give it a try.

Best $60.00 I ever spent! :)

Glass is excellent reticle is like the crossbones. Redfield is owned by Leupold so you can't go wrong with this one. It has high quality components. Did I mention it was only $60.00? Lol

Looks good on the Micro too!!

ImageImageImageImage
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Fazan

Re: Redfield revenge

Post by Fazan »

Where did you get it for $60?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Redfield-Revenge-Crossbow-Scope-2-7x34mm-ABD-Crossbow-Reticle-115206/153158510719?epid=1100715798&hash=item23a8f5687f:g:pjIAAOSwmrpbft~N:sc:USPSPriority!46319!US!-1

$62.50 with free shipping! Not refurbished, but new!

Yes these are GREAT scopes Jeff, think you'll be very happy for a long time too with it. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Fazan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:43 pm
Where did you get it for $60?
Gunbroker.com. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

$59.00 now

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/795213059
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Does it have a speed dial or is 30/40 what it is after you sight it in :?:
I just ordered a tact zone for my 380, have the twilight on it right now but I’m not a fan of 44mm scopes :|
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It has a speed ring. I need to tune mine this spring for 50 yards, but basically using my 380 with 408 grain hunting arrows I'm maxed out on speed ring. I got this setup in an afternoon late July, but never got to do a follow up session. It also has a ranging feature that you dial to gauge a deer body height from back to belly, and where the range line settles is the distance to the deer, you then reset your dial to your specific speed setting before the shot. Sounds complicated, but it is not at all. I use a 3D deer target to test mine, it is pretty darn close! Close enough to make consistent kill shots.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

georgiaboy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:15 pm
I just ordered a tact zone for my 380, have the twilight on it right now but I’m not a fan of 44mm scopes :|
You can adjust the 30,40,50 and 60 yard range with the magnification. When the wind dies down I'll take it to the 100 yard range and report back on how it performs. :)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I found this demonstration for a rifle scope, they work the same way but of course the distances are different. The demonstration is pretty good however, and explained very well in my opinion. The instructions for gun use direct the shooter to zoom back to full magnification before taking the shot, the crossbow scope is to be dialed to YOUR specific setting that aligns your distances verified at the range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrooped9cM
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:59 pm
It has a speed ring. I need to tune mine this spring for 50 yards, but basically using my 380 with 408 grain hunting arrows I'm maxed out on speed ring. I got this setup in an afternoon late July, but never got to do a follow up session. It also has a ranging feature that you dial to gauge a deer body height from back to belly, and where the range line settles is the distance to the deer, you then reset your dial to your specific speed setting before the shot. Sounds complicated, but it is not at all. I use a 3D deer target to test mine, it is pretty darn close! Close enough to make consistent kill shots.
That's pretty much how I set up all my bows. Same as rifles. I find that you have such a short opportunity to get the scope on them that the extra time remember what chevron goes where is just asking for possible error.
My experience is almost all rifle, but the theory is the same. Instead of needing to know where, 20 30 40 50 is and then remember where they are when a deer is standing there. I only need to remember 35, as long as the deer is inside 35 it's center mass.
This is my 370, my 345 is zeroed at 27Y with slightly more drop at 35.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Love this scope . have one on all my bows. the are clear and good at low light. a little heavy but that's ok. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Great glass. Had one on my 350LE.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
georgiaboy wrote:
You can adjust the 30,40,50 and 60 yard range with the magnification. When the wind dies down I'll take it to the 100 yard range and report back on how it performs. :)
Jeff, did you shoot out to 100 yards?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 am
Carnivorous wrote:
georgiaboy wrote:
Jeff, did you shoot out to 100 yards?
I haven't had the time yet. It has aim points out to 60 yards and that's plenty for hunting.. :)

On a side note none of the premium scope makers had any new xbow scopes @ the ATA. We talked to the Rep from Zeiss and sadly they had to scrap 3000 crossbow scopes that simply didn't sell so I can't see them making another model.. :(