Thoughts on the 308 short...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Thoughts on the 308 short...

Post by georgiaboy »

I’m thinking of picking up one of these for turkey hunting this year. I hunt public land and it’s run and gun for turkey. Thick pine hills and swamp bottoms, used my 350 last year but it gets heavy at the end of the day. I held one today and liked it better than the Grizzly.
Might even use during deer season :D
Opinions :thumbup: :thumbdown:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Carnivorous

Re: Thoughts on the 308 short...

Post by Carnivorous »

Great little bow!

I had the banshee for a bit and it's not blazing fast but as good as it gets for accuracy and dependability!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I like the Short so much I'm making a bulldog version tomorrow. Length of pull on the stock is something to consider. You may require the spacers
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

if your looking for smaller and compact i wouldnt rule out a 315 or 335 Micro. comparing it to a 308 shorty its all the same but with minor differences. to become more compact i chopped my 335 stock.i can live with a shorter length of pull especially wearing winter cloths or up in a tree stand where i need to get into a position thats not straight out front. ive also chopped my Matrix stock on my 405. it makes a big difference in compactness.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

When we were at the archery shop they had all the listed versions of Excaliburs in stock. I like the 308 Short the best. It was well balanced, a great size and easy to hold still aiming.
Sniper62

Post by Sniper62 »

Very happy with my 308 Short. It's my 1st Crossbow. I don't really see the need to purchase another. It gets the job done. I still hunt so the compact size and lightweight are important on my looooong excursions.. I have bagged a buck and 2 squirrels so far this season.
Its better to be the hammer than the anvil
ironeyes

Post by ironeyes »

GET ONE!

I picked up a 308 for my daughter this past Christmas. Its a very good chance that it will replace my EMag and M350 on several hunts this coming year.