Micro 335 Questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Micro 335 Questions

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Only because I don't know? I was in a local sporting goods store today and they had the Micro 335 camo package on clearance. Looks to be the gen 2 riser with the Octane scope, one on display and three boxed $899 marked down to $649. Good package value deal?? Don't know all the current package deals on this bow...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
gerald strine

Re: Micro 335 Questions

Post by gerald strine »

I do not think you will do any better than that it is a very good price the scope is the dead zone not illuminated but will kill deer all day long but fussy shooter may want to upgrade but it is a good buy.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Onetimeonly x-->

gerald strine wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm
I do not think you will do any better than that it is a very good price the scope is the dead zone not illuminated but will kill deer all day long but fussy shooter may want to upgrade but it is a good buy.
"Fussy shooter" are you referring to the 335 bow? Or the scope Jerry?
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:18 pm
gerald strine wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm
"Fussy shooter" are you referring the the 335 bow? Or the scope Jerry?
I am referring to the scope that is an awesome bow , I would buy this set up and feel like I got a great deal because it is,However their are a lot of shooters that feel if they do not have a top end scope they are not happy but the truth is is on a short range weapon hunting in Michigan the factory scopes will kill deer all season long. I have 2 excals at the moment one with a Twilight and the other a lumizone both illuminated but the truth is I have never shoot a deer using the lighted recital.
Is a top end scope nice ? sure is it really a need? no not shooting 40 yards and under.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

That rig normally sells around $900 but as you know at the end of the year when the new models come out some times you can get a great deal on the older models I think that is what is going on. every one will be looking at the speed bows coming out but that is not the only consideration, that speed comes at a price and is nice but it is not the best thing for every one as far as fit , and physical capabilities are concerned.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I picked up a Micro Nightmare full package for $599.99cdn on black Friday from Easthill. From what I was told Excalibur will no longer produce the Micro 335.

Belive it or not this is my last new Excalibur bow purchase.. :eusa-liar:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Onetimeonly x-->

Thanks for the input gentlemen, these bows were at Dunham's sporting goods. I had seen the 335's in the store before but none the last two years until Saturday, stock overlooked? Don't know but for those who's states have the store and maybe looking for a new bow? Might be worth a call?
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

These are very nice Excals. My son in law has my 335 Nightmare that I bought new 4 years ago with the Gen 1 riser. When I had it with a stock string and a 350 gr. arrow it would shoot around 345 fps with my chrono. He hasn't had a minutes trouble with it but has been able to kill a couple deer a year with it. If you're looking for a great deal on a Micro 335 sounds like you have found it.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I gotsid one of the first generation 335 micros that came out ........thousands of shots hot n cold hunting no limb issues at all. I have not been so impressed with the micros size l simply prefer the bigger exo and matrix bows I'm not a big person either it is a little harder to cock than the others but that doesn't bother me either great bow but l think l just like the more bullet proof older models better. Seems like a ton of stress on them short little limbs .l think l paid like a thousand dollars for my package ... that's a good deal I think you should pull its trigger....
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Onetimeonly x-->

Yes it is a nice bow, if only I could use another. For my hunting situations I think I'm covered, I still view a Xbow as a short range hunting tool. I agree LBJ the Matrix line or long bows are the keepers.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott