Review: ConQuest EverCalm scent

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Review: ConQuest EverCalm scent

Post by XB I GO »

I'm not going to review stuff until I use it or if I tried it at the show (like shooting a bow). I got this scent last year and used the whole stick on a lot of hunts in a lot of places. It is like a waxy deodorant stick. I like it because it doesn't drip or splash and it sticks to what you rub it on. It also will last if it rains. The only negative is that if you are in a hot place like I am where deer hunting can be 80 degrees, it does melt eventually but not quickly.

Most scents are trying to attract a deer or get its attention. Another buck, a hot doe...etc. This scent does kind of the opposite. It doesn't try to attract the deer at all, it tries to make the deer think nothing is going on by smelling like a lot of deer are using and bedding in the area. Here's how I know it works - on trail cameras we see certain does and most bucks come into this spot very slowly with their head up. They are nervous and on edge. When I put out Ever Calm after a day or two the same deer just walk in casually, a lot of times with their head down or browsing. They hang around longer too. I figured out to put it where my "kill spot" is and also to rub some where the deer are coming from. I also put some on the blind in case the wind is wrong. Another way I know it works is that I put it on the bottom of my boots when I walked in to the stand. After a few times to the stand the deer started using the same trail I was on instead of coming in where they were. If you happen to get some on you or your clothes it doesn't stink so bad. It is much easier to smell than doe pee or buck lure.

This year this company has more products that include scent applicators and other types of scent, but Ever Calm is still my favorite.

longbow joe

Re: Review: ConQuest EverCalm scent

Post by longbow joe »

I have used it also 3 years
and had positive results also. . A fellow in the know basically confirmed that it is basically "urine" in a solid paste.... so l have found tinks spray doe urine in a can to be more convenient and lots less expensive. I kinda didn't like the white racing stripe it left on every tree when it dried that l put it on.lf l get deer downwind l can actually mist the air with the tinks .. another advantage
Sometimes dicks has it for a more realistic price after the season. .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Good review. Thanks XB. Wondering if its in Canada? Off to the googles! Yup! Amazon Canada has them for 10 bucks each. Pardon the pun. :wink:
Hank
Last edited by hankenhunter on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Great review XB. :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads