A New Predator Wanders In...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

A New Predator Wanders In...

Post by IronNoggin »

A new species is evolving right before our eyes — an ultra-successful mix of wolves, coyotes and dogs

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/a-new-species-is-evolving-right-before-our-eyes-an-ultra-successful-mix-of-wolves-coyotes-and-dogs/

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
janesy

Re: A New Predator Wanders In...

Post by janesy »

Yep, local hunters have been talking about them for forever. It's always been assumed around here that the coyotes brave enough to venture into people's yards and intermingle/play with people's pets have been hybrids.
Interesting to hear about their physical difference.

They referred to them as Coydogs and often said that they required more care when hunting as they weren't afraid of humans, and would allow the hunter and dogs to get closer, usually resulting in more dog fights.

Note that I am paraphrasing conversations I have had over the years with the "old boys" who run dogs daily all winter. Their opinions are hardly scientific, being mostly anocdotal and from feet on the ground experience. However recently being proven true as concerns of coyotes seems to grow and grow with media coverage.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

About 15 years ago opening day of firearm season a hunting partner of mine was in a stump blind and about 10 coyotes came trotting up saw him and they all stopped and started staring him down he stoop up yelled at them to get out of here and none moved , he decided to heck with this and shot the leader the biggest one it weighed 90 pounds had curving interlocking teeth .
He got it mounted the taxidermist sad he had never seen one that huge, he ended up donating it to a nature center after some years.
Several years ago we herd a wolf howl before day break on firearm opener, defiantly not a coyote we here those all the time up their and know the difference.
And Something did this to my buck I harvested just before I shot him at 10:00 am.
Neck wounds, Ham wounds, No Testicles, all fresh wounds I went to gut him and was shocked, no nuts.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/1642rem/media/bWVkaWFJZDo5NDMwMjIzMw==/?ref=1

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/1642rem/media/bWVkaWFJZDo5NDMwMjIzNw==/?ref=1

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/1642rem/media/bWVkaWFJZDo5NDMwMjIzOQ==/?ref=1

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/1642rem/media/bWVkaWFJZDo5NDMwMjIzNA==/?ref=1
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Here in North Quebec we have Coywolf.
https://infinitespider.com/coywolf-modern-species/

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

In Eastern pa .l see foxes that just dont look like foxes. Red but coyote looking features and just plain bigger than a regular fox.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

And the tree hugging anti hunters are using these "new wolf species" terms to ban hunting and trapping..just look at what the liberals did when some tree huggers named the "algonquin wolf!"
Now no more hunting or trapping of wolf or coyote in huge parts of Ontario...
...yet we still scratch our heads as to why moose #'s are down...
artifact

Post by artifact »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:13 pm
In Eastern pa .l see foxes that just dont look like foxes. Red but coyote looking features and just plain bigger than a regular fox.
Awhile back I shot a coyote while hunting deer across from the Pocono Raceway. It was red but didn't look like any coyote I have ever seen, the nose was a lot shorter and blunter and the body seemed thicker than normal, coydog ????
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

Been seeing a very similar predator in and about metro Detroit for awhile now.good thing is all the stray cats are all but gone.rarely leave my border collie out by herself any more .
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
janesy

Post by janesy »

Just this minute, I got a phone call, text message and email along with a printout in my son's backpack from school today from the principal.

A 1.5 minute recorded message about a coyote seen on school property. Along with precautionary measure we need to teach the kids about wildlife

I hope they don't talk about it in school or my boy will tell his teacher outright to shoot it on sight hahaha
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
rossh

Post by rossh »

In my back yard
Can’t post pic . 30” high yote
Slightly past my best before date .Made in Canada .But still having fun . K.I.S.S .
Ibex Xbow only one .
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

The reserve in Ucluelet has always had a habit of letting their dogs run free.
They openly associated & bred with the local wolves.
A few years back, those hybrids had become so brazen they were noticeably dangerous - coming into town to chow down on other pets, and occasionally threaten people.

When the Band called in the CO's to deal with the matter they were told point blank: YOU created the problem. YOU solve it.
Any that came into town after that were shot (reserve side) CO's still attempted to deal with those that wandered into the Ukee side.
Those critters still exist there, but have simply become a little more reclusive / wary.

Having raised and constantly lived with Wolf Hybrids for over 35 years, I can attest to their intelligence, strength & endurance, and potential to be extremely dangerous under the right conditions.

After passing on the first couple of "wolves" I ran into after moving to the Island because they looked so damn different than the real wolves I was used to (like Dogs or perhaps Hybrids, NOT wolves) I did end up knocking down a handful. On close inspection, I truly believe there was a fair amount of domestic genetics in them and still do.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."