what to do with them old tough backstraps....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

what to do with them old tough backstraps....

Post by wabi »

My deer processor was working on the doe I shot recently and asked how I wanted the backstraps (loin) done. He said a lot of people had recently been asking for them whole, or just cut into foot long pieces for grilling. Hmmmmm, OK, I'll try that! Well, last night I put 4 pieces in an Italian oil & vinegar dressing marinade in the fridge, and this afternoon I fired up the grill and cooked them over low heat. I must say it made a good lunch! I only ate two or three pounds, mind you, but even with that light snack I was impressed :wink: And we even have some left for tomorrow's lunch!
wabi

Post by Guest »

Thats a lunch fit for KING!!!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ayep and I's could smell them cooking on the land line :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
CaptainCharles

Post by CaptainCharles »

I have cut out whole, then cut in half before freezzing. Then I just slice em, marinade em and grill em.... Yum Yum
"The American Dream is having your name on a weapon!" - Ted Nugent
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

wabi asked - "what to do with them old tough backstraps...."

Send them to Woody......... :wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just finished lunch. Took what was left over of the backstraps, sliced it paper thin im my slicer, and ate it in a plain old sandwich. Not sure if it was better fresh & hot, or sliced cold :cry: Guess I'll just have to shoot another deer to get more to test before I can recommend a recipe :wink:
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Do it to it :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
shifty

Post by shifty »

Next time wrap them back straps in bacon and stick tooth picks in to hold the bacon to it . Mighty tasty . Just somethin diffrent to try .