Arrows for my micro 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Arrows for my micro 355

Post by georgiaboy »

I just got my new micro 355 today 8) 8) 8) :eusa-dance: and I’m trying to decide on my arrow set up :?:
I’m leaving the bow itself stock except for the scope mounts...went with Hawke mounts. I have a dozen brand new BEE’s 18” .001 with 110gr inserts, thinking of cutting them down to 16.5”, I’m guessing it will put me around 400-410 grains.
What say you..... :thumbup: :thumbdown:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xcaliber

Re: Arrows for my micro 355

Post by xcaliber »

I'm using 17" Zombies so I can use the same arrows on all of my Excalibur bows. I did install the big foot stirrup on the Micro to achieve this and hang the bow while in the stand without hitting the broadhead. I use 110 grain inserts, and 125 grain heads, works great for me.
Last edited by xcaliber on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I run my zombies at 15.5". I don't think you can really go wrong with anything 15.5 - 18. They will all shoot well at more than hunting distances
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

As the 355 is a bit more stout at 280 lb draw weight, I like a stiffer arrow like a Zombie over an Executioner. So I'd cut your BEE's down to 15.5" or 16". I run mine at 16" like others here. 16.5" and a RamCat would tickle the edge of the stirrup and I like things inside that so I can set the bow on it.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I think your recipe is great. As for length, cut it long enough that a broadhead won't extend beyond the stirrup and long enough that your foot won't fit in the stirrup when the bow is loaded.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

From my personal testing the 110 grain zombie and even 125 grain tip really give the smaller bolt what it needs ......heavy is better.x 2 on the scope mounts l dont care for the stock ones ......they can do better. 16.5 was perfect with most broadheads
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

paulaboutform wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 pm
I think your recipe is great. As for length, cut it long enough that a broadhead won't extend beyond the stirrup and long enough that your foot won't fit in the stirrup when the bow is loaded.

Paul
Paul aint that a bit dangerous to do put foot in the stirrup when u have it loaded, i really be concerned in doing that.
My First Bow excalibur 340 micro AXE kryptec.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Lewism wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:58 am
paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
Paul aint that a bit dangerous to do put foot in the stirrup when u have it loaded, i really be concerned in doing that.
Nope. What Paul, and the rest of us mean is that you need to make sure you CANNOT get your boot in under a loaded arrow in case you forget to remove it after hunting before uncocking the bow! Safety always first! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Lewism

Post by Lewism »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:03 am
Lewism wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:58 am
paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
Nope. What Paul, and the rest of us mean is that you need to make sure you CANNOT get your boot in under a loaded arrow in case you forget to remove it after hunting before uncocking the bow! Safety always first! :thumbup:
oh i see read it wrong. totally agree longer arrow for safety
My First Bow excalibur 340 micro AXE kryptec.