Review: Dr Stirrup ArroLok (Quiver)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Review: Dr Stirrup ArroLok (Quiver)

Post by XB I GO »

This is my second favorite product from ATA. The Dr Stirrup ArroLok is a 3-bolt quiver. The receptacles where the tip goes are spring loaded. You push the arrow in, set the nock in its resting place and let go. Upward or rearward pressure keeps the arrows in place. The packaging says it works with 16-24" arrows and up to 1.5" diameter broadheads. The bracket easily attaches to your Excalibur through the two machining holes that everyone has. All the hardware comes in the package. The mount is kind of a saddle over the rail. The quiver part is removable and also swivels 360 degrees. I really like that it is silent. I also like the positioning of the bolts. I usually make noise and struggle to pull an arrow from the side mounted Excalibur quiver that really has a hold of the bolt shaft. Then I have to swing the bolt wide and over the top to load it. With the ArroLok I just grabbed a bolt and pushed forward a little and it was in my hand. I dropped it right down on the rail and loaded it. I never had to take the stock off my shoulder or the forearm off the shooting sticks. The quiver easily removes from the bracket and I already have an idea to mount my camera on there when I want to film or once I'm settled in I can switch the quiver out for the camera. It is easy to put together and install, I did it myself and was in the blind hunting with it 15 minutes later. There is one thing I don't like. If you have bolts with different sized broadhead (length) and you have it adjusted for the short ones, the long one wont fit or vice versa. I had two ABC Liberty Broadheads on bolts and adjusted for that. My other two bolts have different broadheads on them for another reason. Anyway I couldn't put the longer broadheads in the quiver because it was adjusted and set for the Liberty's. This shouldn't matter most of the time because normally you'd have all the same broadheads in the quiver (3 of them). An improvement would be to split the adjustable rail and make it a 2X2 like that looks like 88 which each side independently adjustable. Then you could have two broadheads and two field tips or two broadheads and two small game tips. The ArroLok is an awesome way to carry your bolts on your crossbow! It makes it easier to carry and pack, better balanced and narrower. The easy access and silence is important in the hunting blind. Great item!

Re: Review: Dr Stirrup ArroLok (Quiver)

Post by newbie »

Glad you like it. I really like it as well.
One optionbis to set it for your longer arrows and add a spacer to the cup or to the back of the arrow... I think Billy made up some with aluminum tube to slide over the nock of the shaft.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Great review! I was wondering if the quiver has to be top mounted like yours or can you mount it below and left or right according to preference?
I sold my Micro 355 but would love this quiver on my Mission crossbow.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360

Post by newbie »

You can mount the quiver anywhere you wish. He makes an adapter for mission crossbows. No adapter is needed for excals with the factory supplied bracket that comes with the bows. It gets the quiver away drom the bow. The holes in the supplied mount are standard but may need a bracket to get the quiver mounted properly.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

How is the weight compared to an excalibur quiver? I really like it but it looks bulky.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

It is not much heavier if at all and it makes the crossbow balance much better because of where it is mounted.

Post by newbie »

It is a little heavier. Ill take the extra weight with how sweet this quiver works.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads

Post by newbie »

It is a little heavier. Ill take the extra weight with how sweet this quiver works.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 pm
I'll take a tad more weight over the absolute perfect function. Say goodbye to lose and lost arrows and no more struggling to get a broad tipped arrow out. Other than a few ounces, I see no downside of this quiver. Compared to the medium to high end quivers that do not function nearly as well, Gaston's quiver is a whole lot less money too! The quiver set up for vertical bows is even better!
Last edited by Boo on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Agree 100 percent. It works amazingly well for vertical bows. Everyone loved the multitude of mounting options.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
janesy

Post by janesy »

I had mine mount to my backpack for numerous walks through the woods and tree stand sits, it functioned flawlessly. It's a great design. I like how the Fletched end is protected as well as the pointy bits
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Can someone post a picture of it mounted the traditional excalibur way. When time allows. Thanks joe
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Joe there’s a old thread that I moved up with the Quiver mounted the old way
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

mr meat wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:22 am
Joe there’s a old thread that I moved up with the Quiver mounted the old way
Here the old thread from mr meat!
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68762&p=669551#p669551
By the way, I'll be with Gaston(DrStirrup) at the Great American Outdoor Show Harrisburg, booth 1024

Marcel.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
catclr

Post by catclr »

Here is the link to my YT video on the ArroLoc Quiver & yes it's mounted on top, & that's why I moved the original quiver to the top with the DM mount, as it is a pain in the back mounted under the bow.

Link------https://bit.ly/2nwYp76
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks