Why the black crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Timbrhuntr

Re: Why the black crossbows

Post by Timbrhuntr »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 pm

The truth is the composite gun stocks were pushed on the market when good walnut was getting hared to find in the 70's , 80's , they are great in poor weather, fantastic for target guns , but very poor at giving me any nostalgic feelings of ownership like checkered walnut can.
I had a remington mdl 7600 pump 3006 and a remington bdl mdl 700 win mag 300 all blinged out in wood hated to carry them in the woods they were so pretty. I traded them in on my micro .
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

when i'm sitting in the woods in blaze orange i'm not real concerned about the color of my rifle... when i'm done gutting a deer i'm usually wishing that my rifle & knife were both blaze orange... as far as my 335 goes it's a lil easier to keep my nightmare straight from my son's camo one when in camp or target shooting otherwise i would probly have gone camo but to each their own
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Karl

Post by Karl »

Ive never worn camo hunting, I guess we don't need it here. I prefer conservative lines and tones on weapons as well. Its always struck me strange that for rifle hunting we choose normal stocks and profiles 90% of the time for all our 0-400 yards shooting. But when we want a crossbow which is technically more primitive, we want the stock to look like a long range sniper ninja toy. :?
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Black bows match my ASAT camo! :)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I read from the national society of camouflage that turkeys on average killed with a camo crossbow average at least a 3 Inch bigger beard why would they lie. Lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.