wooden wolverine stocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Karl

wooden wolverine stocks

Post by Karl »

Hi guys, thinking of getting a riesterer custom wood stock done at last for my matrix 380. I'm going for a conservative rifle look. One of the stocks I liked the look of was the limited run of wooden stocks excalibur did for wolverines in the day. I can only find one reference online and wondered if anyone else has some pictures? http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=45064

From the looks of the synthetic versions I think both types have identical profiles anyway. So I should just be able to ask Mike to follow that. What other changes would be suggested? It was suggested to me on a thread in years past to make sure the cocking aid has enough material to gain purchase as well.

Any other conservative style out there feel free to link them. I looked at the relayer and its nice but it was a bit 'bench rest rifle' for my liking.
longbow joe

Re: wooden wolverine stocks

Post by longbow joe »

If not, I'm sure you can get a regular exo stock and paint or dip it. I know wayverns has a wood dip for their bows maby they would do the wood for you. I too like the exo stocks as well. I just painted my Phoenix project stock last month . I posted a pic. If you didn't see it. I'm thinking the exo stocks just longer than the matrix in the fore arm you might have to tap a new hole but l cant confirm that. One of the tribal elders might know. Good luck.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Danny Miller had one at BooFest. It had cedar branches spray-painted on it in gray for camouflage. I think he said it came that way from Excalibur.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have one. Can I email you pics? They are pretty plain and simple. The Wolverine used the stock as the rail also,( sorta but it was covered on top ) but Mike could duplicate the style with an aluminum rail.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

sent some to you
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks fellas! and thanks for the pictures flightattendant100, appreciated!