OT: GradDaddy's Gun

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Re: OT: GradDaddy's Gun

Post by ihunt »

Thanks for posting. I love these stories about peoples lives. Cherish what you got and stories that came with it. You have been given a bit of history of your family!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

When my dad passed away I inherited his gun collection. In it are two shotguns, one from each of his grandparents. Though they have not been fired in years I would love to turkey hunt with either one. He also left me his 1960 Marlin 30-30. I bought a scope to put on and that will be heading to the deer woods with me. The one I like the best is the Missouri State Highway Patrol 50th year commemorative weapon set- it is a S&W 357 magnum and knife. Though it will never see a round shot through it I like to get it out and polish it on occasion.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
grouse

Post by grouse »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 pm
My 12 gauge Ithica Mod 37 I bought it when I was 16 yrs old and still have it at 55 .
I refinished the stock as all the finish was flaking off but is ia as solid a gun as the day it was bought new after all these years of service.

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/1-into-the-dawn-gerald-strine.html
I have a 20 ga. Ithaca model 37 featherlight that I bought new when I was 18 and I'll be 70 tomorrow. The old Ithacas are the best pumps ever made (in my opinion) with perfect balance and the fastest pump action. That gun was my only repeater shotgun until I was 35 and I killed rabbits, squirrels, doves, quail, pheasants, grouse and several turkeys with it. I think I'll take it rabbit hunting tomorrow.
axiom
350 SE
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Good luck rabbit hunting with your Ithica
37 ,bundle up it's a bit nippley out their.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
grouse

Post by grouse »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:23 am
Good luck rabbit hunting with your Ithica
37 ,bundle up it's a bit nippley out their.
It was -12F where I hunt this morning, but it is forecast to get up to 30F there tomorrow, fine for rabbit hunting.
axiom
350 SE
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Got a Winner on the Scope:

Weaver K4 Brass. Crosshair. Excellent. c.1947-48

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/weaver-scopes/weaver-k4-brass-excellent-c1947-48

I do believe this is it.

Now to try and figure out why GrandDaddy put a 10 year old scope on his new rifle back in '57...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."