Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Crossbows

Post by jody5252 »

I just received my 2019 Excal catalog... I wanted to send it back! They are discontinuing a lot of Bows, and some of the new Bows are outrageously priced, and look complex... What happened to simple and affordable?? :eusa-hand: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Carnivorous

Re: Crossbows

Post by Carnivorous »

Welcome to the wonderful world of crossbow sales competition.

Move forward and improve or go the way of Parker crossbows. :(

The good thing is if you don't like the new models you can keep what you have and be happy. ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Is $550, $600 and $650 too expensive?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I just bought a brand new in the box Excalibur Matrix Bulldog 360 Black Shadow for $450.00 shipped from an authorized Excalibur dealer. The catch is no arrows and no scope. I use zombie shafts and Vortex scopes so this is a win win for me.

Just pointing out that there are really great deals out there if one is interested.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
SEW

Post by SEW »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:29 am
I just bought a brand new in the box Excalibur Matrix Bulldog 360 Black Shadow for $450.00 shipped from an authorized Excalibur dealer. The catch is no arrows and no scope. I use zombie shafts and Vortex scopes so this is a win win for me.

Just pointing out that there are really great deals out there if one is interested.
I’ve been shooting a BD400 since shortly after they first came out. As of last year, I got two compounds and love them and let the Excaliburs rest for a bit. Just started shooting the BD400 again after nearly a year’s break. So gentle and nice. I can only imaging how much more gentle and docile the 360 could be. What a deal! You did well.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

As previously mentioned if you look you can still find some great deals.
I bought my micro 355 package on amazon for 465.00 :D
What bows are being discontinued :?:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
janesy

Post by janesy »

There are tons of deals to be had. The "Flagship" models that everybody wants but nobody needs are what make R&D work.
One thing for sure, the bottom has fallen out, at least for now on most matrix and BD models in the used market. You can get a two year old "flagship" BD400 for $600. That's $600 Canadian too.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

there was a mega 405 on here for $500 thats a deal. but if you have champagne taste with a near beer budget your sol :eusa-violin:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Matrix G 340 is a steal! Yes, the long limb models are no longer made, and the Matrix series models are reduced to a few offerings, but this is progress. It is the same with all companies really. If you ask me the Drenalin from Mathews was their best bow ever, not made for many years now and will probably never be made again. If you find the "Old School" model you want, snatch it up while can and hold on to it! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:45 am
The Matrix G 340 is a steal! Yes, the long limb models are no longer made, and the Matrix series models are reduced to a few offerings, but this is progress. It is the same with all companies really. If you ask me the Drenalin from Mathews was their best bow ever, not made for many years now and will probably never be made again. If you find the "Old School" model you want, snatch it up while can and hold on to it! :thumbup:
X2......I’ve still got a legacy and LX, got rid of the newer models lol
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I totally understand the intent of the original post. The latest models have to compete in a market that has gone crazy. On the bright side, there are a lot of great prices out there on all the bow you really need. I paid under $525 US for my Matrix 350SE with the Micro stock. Had I waited, that Mega 405 would have been sweet. If you want the latest bells and whistles, its out there for a price.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:10 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:45 am
X2......I’ve still got a legacy and LX, got rid of the newer models lol
Also excellent models!!! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have been scavenging local Craig's list after the hunting season they give them away . Just bought another almost new Phoenix dozen bolts .T form case
Cranker,quiver,bag target for 250 bucks... l can sell the scope crappy bolts and cranker and recover the 100 bucks so for 150 bucks l got a reliable long limber. To heck with the star trek get a mortgage bows. Stock up on the matrix and old micros if that's what you like.l saw a grizz. For 250 bucks a month ago.even if you throw the plastic main frame and every thing out you have a brand new matrix front end to shelve.Some day there is gonna be "Traditional crossbow hunters" when the space bows come in for good and that will be us! Lol
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Crossbows are like trucks the simplest are usually the most dependable the best and seem to last forever. But you add those bells and whistles and the price doubles or triples and you usually start to have some problems with those bells and whistles. But those bells and whistles sure are nice. Who would have thought the technology in crossbows today would have been like this 10 years ago.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm
I have been scavenging local Craig's list after the hunting season they give them away . Just bought another almost new Phoenix dozen bolts .T form case
Cranker,quiver,bag target for 250 bucks... l can sell the scope crappy bolts and cranker and recover the 100 bucks so for 150 bucks l got a reliable long limber. To heck with the star trek get a mortgage bows. Stock up on the matrix and old micros if that's what you like.l saw a grizz. For 250 bucks a month ago.even if you throw the plastic main frame and every thing out you have a brand new matrix front end to shelve.Some day there is gonna be "Traditional crossbow hunters" when the space bows come in for good and that will be us! Lol

:thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads