Would like feedback on the Charger EXT Crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lacpercher

Would like feedback on the Charger EXT Crank

Post by lacpercher »

I just purchased a Matrix Bulldog 355/360. I bought it without trying it because I was attracted to the price. I struggle to cock the bow, but my real challenge is decocking it. With the cocking rope shortened considerably for cocking, the ropes length is a problem when I try to put tension on the string while deactivating the anti-dryfire and pulling the trigger all at the same time. I am not quite tall enough nor strong enough to make it look as easy as the videos. With that said, the Charger XT is a likely option other than shooting the arrow into a travel target to discharge. Can anyone comment on their experience with the new Charger EXT? Do you leave it on while hunting?
One trail leading home many more leading into the woods
janesy

Re: Would like feedback on the Charger EXT Crank

Post by janesy »

I have only used one twice, but with the BD360 it would be super slick. I bet you would barely require any effort at all.
The bracket stays on the bow, and you easily remove the crank while shooting/hunting
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have used it for close to a year and I would not be with out it as I have MS and can not cock a crossbow any other way . The MS has Affected my arms and legs so there is not much strength to cock them using any other method . I use my left hand to crank it . This crank has allowed me to stay in the game .
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I used the Charger EXT crank today for the first time. I was impressed; it made a slight noise in the beginning of the draw cycle but that was it. Easy to crank and I shot with it mounted on the xbow. I plan to leave it on when hunting as it did not affect my ability to shoot comfortably.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

charger is super nice addition to any bow ! have not shot with it on but you can. I use it on the bd400 & micro 343 especially when doing string changes and brace height adjustment.one thing :eusa-naughty: do not touch the mounting knop on left side when cranking hold the stock in a spot away from that knop or else crank will come off with great power and total scope (operator error).charger makes cranking bd400 pretty easy.string on charger finds it own path when winding sometimes makes a noise first few times its noticed after that I got use to it . theres a wrist strap for decocking use it until your confident with the crank .MAKE SURE you hear the crank snap in place when mounting it on bow..fact is I bought mine instead off buying a RAVIN crossbow

( I call the older c2 crank a meat grinder fact is I chucked mine in the trash can)