Re: Making a monster ?

Post by otisbrazwell »

janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:10 pm
janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 am
I agree above. If you are machining. Matching to the "micro" riser spec. Single mounting.
That would open up so many options for down the road. You'd never be bored again :D
is that a hint that the 440 riser bolts the same?
Aside for the angle, which we could not measure, so I don't know. The riser is the same. That is now, "the riser". Used on most models not "take down"
Now, it does have a rubber gasket in between it and the rail. So I cannot say for certain wether the rail was machined or the riser to incorporate the gasket. Or possibly not at all.

If I had to guess, and it's simply that. The additional FPS is all coming from the new limbs.
would new limbs fit old riser?
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
otisbrazwell wrote:
janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 am
I agree above. If you are machining. Matching to the "micro" riser spec. Single mounting.
That would open up so many options for down the road. You'd never be bored again :D
Aside for the angle, which we could not measure, so I don't know. The riser is the same. That is now, "the riser". Used on most models not "take down"
Now, it does have a rubber gasket in between it and the rail. So I cannot say for certain wether the rail was machined or the riser to incorporate the gasket. Or possibly not at all.

If I had to guess, and it's simply that. The additional FPS is all coming from the new limbs.
Rail is also longer isn’t it Chris?
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm
janesy wrote:
otisbrazwell wrote:

Rail is also longer isn’t it Chris?
Ya probably Billy, but I didn't compare. I just want that rubber gasket on my bows hahaha
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:53 pm
janesy wrote:
otisbrazwell wrote:

So full speculation base on the ATA inspection...They are thicker on the 440, right at the pocket, and if I recall correctly the ferrul and fastener is longer to accomodate. But otherwise, unless there is something hidden from view, they would bolt on.

If your asking if I plan to bolt them onto a BD330..., then me no speaka di engeesh.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:
janesy wrote:

So full speculation base on the ATA inspection...They are thicker on the 440, right at the pocket, and if I recall correctly the ferrul and fastener is longer to accomodate. But otherwise, unless there is something hidden from view, they would bolt on.

If your asking if I plan to bolt them onto a BD330..., then me no speaka di engeesh.
Keep in mind that just because they are thicker at the riser end does not neccassarily mean that they produce more speed at the same draw stroke but maybe more protection from catastrophic failure or splintering at longer draw stroke/weight.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:48 pm
janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:

Keep in mind that just because they are thicker at the riser end does not neccassarily mean that they produce more speed at the same draw stroke but maybe more protection from catastrophic failure or splintering at longer draw stroke/weight.
Very good point. Based on the rope cocking effort compared to my BD400 I had for a week... The 440 limbs were STOUT like the micro. So I think there is something there, but could be rail, and riser angle too. Which I don't know anything about .

I would want to do some serious inspections on the 440 disassembled(maybe Jeff will let me borrow his) before I would be planning a build around the limbs alone. I certainly would not be using them to try to gain additional speed over top of a 380 or 400. And hope I haven't suggested as such.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme