Funeral for a "FRIEND"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Sorry for your loss. I had to put my cat down after having her for 22 years. It was one of the hardest things I had to do. I still get teary eyed when I think of that day and that was 10 years ago.

Better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Sorry about your loss are hearts are with you.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy, and there are never the right words to express how we feel on hearing or experiencing such an unpleasant event. I will do what I can, offer a prayer to Creator for both of you.
wabi
axis

Heavy Heart......

Post by axis »

Oneshot, My Heart Is Heavy to hear about your great lost. :cry: For I to have a gun dog who, is my best friend. Her name is A'ka, it means shadow in Hawaiian. She is eight years old Weimaraner. I know my time is growing short with her. I Love her a ton. She love to hunt birds. This weeken starts bird season. I know God give them to us for just a short time. So trian them right, love them with all your heart. Because you'll blink and it will time to say good by. Then you'll cry your soul out and, it well be time to do it again. And the joy of a gun dog, will begin again. :)

Aloha,Axis
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:cry: :cry: My condolences...I think we have all been there at one time or another! This is something only a pet owner cn understand...they become more than pets, tey become part of your family! I know i've been there! Brampton Mike :cry: :cry:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Hammer man

Post by Hammer man »

Sorry to hear you lost your friend. I put down my best friend of 15 years last year. I know your loss and heart sick pain. My wife & daughter had a painting of him done and gave it to me last year for x-mas. His likness hangs in a place of honor in our living room. He is missed but never forgotton, no other dog can ever take his place. My heart goes out to you.
striper

Post by striper »

Boy, Mike, You didn't have to post that poem! I had to bury my beloved Missy 7 years ago after she just ran out of gas at the age of 15 1/2 years. I don't think women can understand the relationship between men and their dogs. The last 3 months of Missie's life, I held her up so she could eat. Finally, my wife who was quite jealous of her 80 pound competition, convinced me it was time. She agreed to carry Missie to the vet, and we then buried we her near our home. I didn't cry over the death of good friends as much as I did that old dog. You know, either we live too long, or our dogs don't live long enough!
OneShot, you have my heartfelt sympathy. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.

Post by Guest »

Sorry about your loss.
Get another one if you can. This is the best way to cope.

Leon
Don

Post by Don »

OneShot,

Someone once told me, "Though our friends have left us, they are still with us in everything we do."
I put to rest my best friend 4 years ago now. I was unable to be there for her at the end, and kick myself every day since. My Dad was with her at her time, I was too distraught to even think straight. Christine was a black lab 16 years old at her time, she got to the point where even walking was hard so I knew we had to set her free. To this day I think of her often and remember the good times, her thinking she was a lap dog, she even made me realize I should marry my wife, she growled at me because I was tickling her and she screamed the dog thought so much of her that she protected my wife from me. These are the things you remember, so thought Jesie Jane is no longer of this earth she will always be with you, never to be forgotten.

Don :lol:
Farmer

Not easy

Post by Farmer »

Sorry to hear about your dog Bryan. It is never easy to lose a family pet / friend .