HHA Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PublicLandHunter1

HHA Question

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I bought a used HHA Optimizer on ebay- shipped to me with no issues. My question is do you turn your speed dial to the highest setting then sight in the scope at 20 yards leaving it at this setting for both 20 and 60 yards? I assume if you change the setting your point of impact will change. Thanks in advance. Don
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
xcaliber

Re: HHA Question

Post by xcaliber »

I assume you are using a scope with a single reticle. The magnification does not affect POI, just like on a rifle. The HHA takes care of the aim points at various distances.

Good luck, hope you like it once you get her dialed in.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

Easiest way for you is to go to The Twisted Arrow in PB and let them show you.
If you can remove the previously used tape and get down to the calibration tape, do the following.
Turn the wheel fully counterclockwise to the stop (zero on the calibration tape), then adjust your scope’s elev and windage knobs till the crosshair is causing a hit at 20 yards. Then slowly, 10 yds by 10 yds (30, then 40, etc), work your way out to 60 yards by adjusting the wheel clockwise slightly each time. Do not adjust your scope elevation know during this phase. Then fine tune the wheel’s adjustment until the arrows’impacts are centered around the bullseye at 60 yards. Then read the number on the sighting tape and select that #’d tape and place it over the sight in tape.
If you’re a long range shooter, shoot out to 80 , note the index tape # for 80, lay the previously selected tape over it and make sure it’s right on before removing the adhesive backing and applying.
PublicLandHunter1

I was able to do some shooting today. The sun came out about noon. Got the HHA extension Tuesday in the mail. Got the scope dialed in at 20 yards then moved back to 60 and got it in the bullseye-looks like tape #37 for the bulldog 380. Thanks for the responses. SEW- I did go to Twisted Arrow afterwards; I normally shoot at the archery range just up the road from them. Al I can say about the HHA is-- :clap: :thumbup:
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
SEW

Post by SEW »

Glad you got it going and like it. You will not find two nicer people than the two gentlemen (brothers) who own the Twisted Arrow.
PublicLandHunter1

I agree with you SEW they are top notch.
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch