New custom string arrived yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

New custom string arrived yesterday

Post by wabi »

I recently posted about all the troubles that plagued me this past season and Vixenmaster was nice enough to send me a spare string for the old Phoenix at no charge.
I might add, that I'm picky about strings. :lol: The first few years I owned the Phoenix I shot fastflight strings and replaced the limbs twice in 2 or 3 years because of splinters. Too much shock from the strings, or just bad luck? I may never know, but when I put the third set of limbs on the bow I decided to go with dacron this time. Boo was good enough to make me a string at no charge and a couple years later I got another from him. I don't remember exactly how long I've been shooting it with dacron (the bow was one of the first Excalibur produced when they introduced that model) but the limbs still look like new. They don't match the camo on the stock, but they look like new! :lol:

Vixenmaster's string looks as good as any I've ever owned (custom or factory) and I put it on the bow to see how long it takes to initially "settle in". One disadvantage of dacron is that they initially stretch some (or a lot).

Anyway, a big
THANK YOU!!!!!
to Vixenmaster

And I might add he is going to make me another "camo" string!
What a great forum member to help out another member who is having troubles!
wabi
papa bear1

Re: New custom string arrived yesterday

Post by papa bear1 »

Mike is one hell of a guy, when it comes to helping someone, iv'e had some very generous offers from him . :thumbup:
I have 2 of his strings and the quality is top notch, and second to none.
they actually make my equinox quieter, and softer to shoot. and last a lot longer. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dave :eusa-clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Simply Awesome!! :thumbup:
And a fine representation of what this little Community is all about!

Well Done Indeed VixenMaster!! :clap:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I thought he left this forum? Good he is back if that is the case.